OEM Shocks

IrishDave

Reaction score
First off hello to everyone. Just bought my 02 S3 last Friday. Have to say so far I am very pleased with the car, very comfortable and economical, although slightly gutless, but what was I to expect coming from a 500bhp R32 GTR. Got a great deal I think. Car is a Nagaro Blue G reg with one previous owner, FASH, 53000 miles,black leather interior, immaculate condition inside and out and was garaged by the previous owner. In the end I paid 6950 sterling.
Anyway the back left shock is shot. I am not looking to upgrade the suspension as I am loving the smooth drive for a change, just want to replace the shock. My question is who makes them and where can I get them without going to Audi and paying those rediculous dealer prices.
Many thanks in advance.
Dave.

i'd look at fitting a set of bilstein B6/8 shocks instead. Probably similar cost to the dealer, but should be a bit better.

The Bilstein B8s (B6s for standard-height springs) i've found to be just as comfortable as the OEM shocks in most conditions, although my OEM shocks had 80k on them and were the shorter-travel 'gmbh' ones.

How do I know which shocks I have. I know there are 2 different colours and mine being black would mean I have which, standard or gmbh.
Thanks.