Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
    Neutral

Status

Advice on cleaning leather Recaros

Since buying my car, the seats have bothered me due to shineyness and cracking. I assumed this was irreversible due to age, but my friend who does detailing told me it was due to dirt being ingrained in the seat. He brought some leather cleaner (apparently very good stuff) over and we had a go at the seats:

We were pretty brutal with them, spray stuff on, scrub with a brush (I used a nail brush) and take off with a cloth and look at the 9 years of dirt stuck to the cloth! Repeat as necessary. Don't be afraid to go at it pretty hard, you won't damage them.

Seats now look as they do in the photos from when the car was new, very happy with results. All comments welcome!

Product:
    Leather Ultra Clean

50/50 on drivers seat:

Before:

After:

Look at the difference in the 2 seats in this photo, hadn't done the drivers seat yet.

Did the steering wheel as well, was disgusting!

2002 Dolphin Grey Audi S3

2. # ADS
    ADS

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    My seats have been bothering me since I bought the car. I had a go with some autoglym crap but it didn't make a blind bit of difference I was going to pay a leather restorer to do them properly. I do have cream leather though so they look even dirtier than your ones did. I'll give this another go.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

Faster than a V12 Q7

Status
    One of the things I looked for when buying mine was the seats being in good condition.

I always see Jimmeh 'rehydrating' the leather when he details cars so I thought I'd give that a go one bored Saturday down the line.

Neutral

Status
    I was pretty skeptical as I had also had a go with Autoglym crap but my detailer friend promised it would work, he said it works very well on the cream seats too, just don't be afraid to scrub with a brush and repeat as necessary.

He also told me that all modern leather seats are effectively lacquered at the factory and as a result all these "leather feed" creams (that I use ) don't actually do anything!
    2002 Dolphin Grey Audi S3

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    I'd also read through this but I haven't got round to trying it yet:

Dying Leather Seats - Audifans.net
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

Smell my finger.

Status
    Its the brushing that does it as well,....really gets into the grain and gets all the crap off

Mine are due a clean so I'll try some of this stuff.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    Here is a post I started asking the same question.
    Leather cleaning & Conditioning

I've used Gliptone and Race Glaze cleaner and conditioner.
    Both are very good and gives the leather its leather smell back (no need for air freshners if you like the smell).
    I've used Gliptone on my BMW and Audi before I swapped over to Race Glaze on the audi.
    I'd recomend both products.
    They look the same and do the same thing and I can't noticed any different between the end results.

I'm off to buy some more race glaze next week.

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

1st Gear

Status
    out of interest how is your leather looking now 3 months on? have you had to condition it at all?

Neutral

Status
    a friend of mine said best leather restorer cleaner they used is the stuff horse owners have for their leather,no longer have leather so havent tried it to prove or disprove his point.

Bazinga!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB5 View Post
    Here is a post I started asking the same question.
    Leather cleaning & Conditioning

I've used Gliptone and Race Glaze cleaner and conditioner.
    Both are very good and gives the leather its leather smell back (no need for air freshners if you like the smell).
    I've used Gliptone on my BMW and Audi before I swapped over to Race Glaze on the audi.
    I'd recomend both products.
    They look the same and do the same thing and I can't noticed any different between the end results.

I'm off to buy some more race glaze next week.
    I use Gliptone too and think it's excellent, the amount of crap that come off with the cleaner and using a brush is disgusting but impressive, and the conditioner smells amazing and leaves the leather lovely and soft