FK Street coilovers

antnee

Reaction score
Looking at some FK AK Street coilovers, just wanting to know has anyone had experience of these compared to other coilovers? Whats the ride like?

Got these on my A4. Rides fairly decent to be honest. For a cheap budget option they arent too hard or crashy, not too bouncy. Quality is fairly decent and i`ve had no issues with them and been running them for about 6 months now. Transformed the car completely from boat to barely any roll and good control.

I think S3 Nattie is using some....

You are correct lol :sm4:

For the money they are a good bit of kit, quality is good, fitment is spot on and they go really low if thats what your after. Compared to friends JOM and Spax coillies the ride feels the same if not bit better. I been running them for a little while now and got used to how they felt but when in a friends standard S3 and the difference is quite big.

Im currently on Apex springs and standard 110k old shocks, 235/35 tyres and the ride is AWFUL!

I have had TA Technix and Weitecs on previous cars, I was impressed with the Weitecs, TA's could be a little bouncy at times but on smooth flat roads they were ace!

I been running low profile tyres on 17" wheels before I put my coilies on and they made a good difference in turn-in and grip due to the stiffer side wall giving less flex during cornering but the ride was noticeable harder. I may go back to the original tire size to try and soften the ride a bit. You could change your tire size to have a bigger side wall, will give a softer ride.

I havent had experience of TA or Weitecs but FK, for the money are a good bit of kit.

Im thinking of going for a tiny bit of stretch, they are 8j wheels, so maybe some 215/40's which will be cheaper than 235's

I dont think your going to get a soft ride with any coilies running 18"+ wheels with very low profiles.

Sounds like your going for looks rather than function ye, FK should give you a very good drop in ride height.