Turbo Timer people

That is a fair point, but how do you find out which gantries are live and which ones are not. Also how sure can you be that they do not change the cameras round - better safe than sorry ?? As regards striking the RoadPilot of the list, I sat alongside a guy with a RoadAngel the other week on the M25 and it was flashing away - he unplugged it in the end.

Tim

Tim

I have been considering getting one for a while now, but it's just the wiring that has been putting me off.

How do you go about wiring it up seeing as though it's got an engine immobiliser? Surely it won't let you? because once the key is taken out the immobiliser comes on.

Cheers for your help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

with clifford alarms they remove the immoboliser chip in the key and attach it to the ignition, this allows remote starting and turbo timer.

Yes it means Audi security is compromised but you have the Clifford alarm so no big worry!

I wouldn't bother with a turbo timer personally. But thats just me.

How often do you rag it so much that it requires one?

Also whats a few minutes out of your time anyways. Use the couple of minutes to send a loving text to the missus or check ya threads are looking smart for the day ahead :)

My opinion of course.

[ QUOTE ]
Yaseen said:
with clifford alarms they remove the immoboliser chip in the key and attach it to the ignition, this allows remote starting and turbo timer.

Yes it means Audi security is compromised but you have the Clifford alarm so no big worry!

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't really justify spending the money on a Clifford, but I know they are good as I've had the concept 600 on my last 2 cars.

Oh yeah my mate has got one on his Punto GT Turbo and that allows him to start it remotely as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
HTC said:
I wouldn't bother with a turbo timer personally. But thats just me.

How often do you rag it so much that it requires one?

Also whats a few minutes out of your time anyways. Use the couple of minutes to send a loving text to the missus or check ya threads are looking smart for the day ahead :)

My opinion of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you are saying, but I was just thinking of getting one for peace of mind therefore it will stay on tick over everytime it's stopped for about a minute or two.

isnt it illegal to leave a car running unattended in a public place

yeah but you cant drive away with the car because when u put it in gear or messes about with it, the engine cuts off, plus the doors are locked

Awesome GTI sell a module which allows a TT to be fitted to to an audi alarm.

Basically, you arm the turbo timer, remove the key, get out and manually lock (ie using the key in the door lock), lock the car. Walk away and shop etc.

the engine will continue to run for the period set by the TT. After that period the engine will shut down and the alarm and immobiliser will arm as if the car was locked remotely - cool huh? Believe it or not its an added function of window closure system.

see http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/vw%20golfmk4/misc.html its the TT/RS model you need!

Sounds cool.

Just been having a look, but can't find it.

Is it the window module thing on that page?

It's OK I've found it.

I don't know whether it will work on mine though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif As mine hasn't got remote central locking.

[ QUOTE ]
HTC said:
Has yours got an alarm though??

If so, you can add the remotes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it's got the alarm.

I know because I left the window open once and wind set it off by moving the Magic Tree PMSL.

I never knew you could add the remote to it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif Does that mean I can have remote central locking? How much and where? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I really do hope that it is just the remote that is missing. As I've had the car for nearly a year now and that is one of things that I've always moaned about it now having remote central locking!

So has anyone got any recommedations on Turbo Timers?

Even if you don't have the remote option fitted as standard, there are numerous after market plugin additions for the A3 which allow you to have remote locking. They don't involve any wiring.

Awesome GTI sell them.

The secret key code (SKC) is a seven digit number that allows you to "loggin" to the immobiliser part of your car. Its basically a password.

This code can only be generated by audi and is only valid for the day it is produced. Quite clever stuff really.

Anyways, it used to be possible to get these code and add keys yourself with VAG-COM. Alas, audi have tightened up security on this lately.

The only way you can get the code is if you know someone dodgy who works for audi.
The code isn't written on the spare key tag.

Hmm still a bit annoyed about them trying to charge £47 for a 2 minute got, but that's Audi.

I think I'll buy a key and see what I can do.