Which fragile pipe in the engine bay is this???

fast_eddie_s3

Reaction score
Ok, so, I've found my vacuum leak (a hole on the 'octopus' cam cover breather pipe).

Gets a shiny silicone one from forge, has a look (thinks - this looks simples). Go to push it on the plastic downpipe (no idea what it is called) and the tip literally disintegrates in my hands.

I've pushed it on to what is left and it has certainly 'fixed' the boost leak but I definitely need a new one sharpish.

Any one any idea on a part name & no.???

335aag2.jpg

Last edited:
Which pipe has perished then eddie? I unsure on which your reffering to! You got a more accurate picture of whats kanckered?

i think he means the little bit of the TIP that the hocky puck goes into broke when he put the puck valve back in?

If thats the case then its a new TIP, no way of fixing that.

Sry for the **** photo guys. It's not the tip. if you look at the lowest of the three branches of the blue silicone hose (i.e. not the branches that go to the head or the hockey puck) there's a plastic pipe that goes down towards the front of the engine. The part that pushes into the silicone hose broke when I pushed it on. There was enough left to push into the forge hose (and it does seal for the moment) but I will need a new pipe, just need an idea what part to hunt for.

Cheers!

Ooh the oil return feed that goes down into the oil filter housing? Mine was a metal hardpipe, id just replace it with eitha silicone or just some rubber hose, ive replaced all that area with rubber and fitted a catch can, easier an cheaper pal.

Part of the breather system, not sure of the part number but I know it's £42 for a new one! If the metal inserts are ok you could maybe make your own out of oil resistant rubber/silicone. You'll need the inserts though as the pipe fits inside connectors at both ends so without them the clips would just crush the pipe.

if its the hard plastic pipe that comes downwards (in the pic) from the blue breather hose and goes off under the intake manifold then i replaced mine recently on my S3 AMK 2001 because the end snapped off, the replacement one was 35.06 +VAT and the part number is 06A 103 213 AK

Thanks all. Yep, the metal insert had snapped off the pipe so I've just shoved it in without a jubilee for the moment (R.A.F, I know!)

Cheers for the part no.

I can see why people fit a catch can though, the old breather pipe was clagged up with the stuff. Horrible, hate to think what gets spat around the system.