Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Cool My Ming Blue Audi 1.8T

Hi folks,

Just got myself an Audi A3 1.8T, pretty please with it - it seems to be well spec'd out.

Its got:
    Full Heated Leather
    Electric Sunroof
    Electric mirrors
    Full Bose Sound System inc 6 Disc CD changer
    Xenon Lamps
    Headlamp washers
    16" alloys (standard)

Few cosmetic imperfections, such as stone chips on the front bumper but I will be getting that
    resprayed soon.

Plans are to lower it 35mm, put on some 18" staggered fitment BBS CH reps (8front, 9 rears). I purchased an S3 grill which I have given to the bodyshop already to spray gloss black (exc audi badge) I have debadged the rear to smooth things off at the rear. Front indicator bulbs now also replaced with some Silvatec bulbs to get rid of the orange effect up front.

Pic below after clayed, hand polished with Menzerna intensive polish (twice) glazed and the waxed.

Thoughts, comments appreciated. More pics when wheels arrive

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    looks very nice mate! only thing is that the s3 grille wont fit an a3 bumper!! they are a fair bit bigger than the a3 ones
    99' a3 quattro - k03s, carbonio cai, simota cone filter, FMIC, raceland coilovers, fully polybushed, forge TIP, forge 007p, forge coolant hose kit, forge throttle body pipe, stainless catback, brembo pads, stage one map, black angel eyes, 17" radius r3's gt28rs coming very very soon

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks, you sure mate, I put the grill on top of the original and they seemed to be the same size

3rd Gear

Status
    im pretty sure!? i had an s3 bumper on my a3 to start off with and hated the original grill so went looking for a badgeless one but the only style i liked was an a3 one, messaged the company who were selling it and said that they are totally different sizes height wise! maybe they were chatting ********? ill see if my grill fits my mates s3 bumper tomorrow and get back to you!! lol

get rid of the rear wiper while your at it! makes the back look so much better!
    99' a3 quattro - k03s, carbonio cai, simota cone filter, FMIC, raceland coilovers, fully polybushed, forge TIP, forge 007p, forge coolant hose kit, forge throttle body pipe, stainless catback, brembo pads, stage one map, black angel eyes, 17" radius r3's gt28rs coming very very soon

Reverse Gear

Status
    Let me know if it does/does not! I left it with the bodyshop this afternoon when I got a quote off him for the front bumper, if not I'll have to tell him to leave it.

Does it depend on year or anything, mines a Y plate if that makes any difference???!!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Oh and yeah the rear wiper is on the list - damn thing sticks out like a sore thumb

3rd Gear

Status
    yeah mines a Y aswell, its just because the s3/a3 bumpers are totally different i much much prefer the a3 ones! badgeless grills for the a3 are pretty cheap aswell and they make the front look mean! ill find out for you and post up when i get home from work lol, im 99% sure it wont fit though

the wipers dead easy to remove but finding the right size grommet for the hole is a sod! i had to buy a pack of about 20 lol...so ive got 19 left over your more than welcome to have one if you want? just pm me your address if you do

Reverse Gear

Status
    that would be a great help mate. I can let the bodyshop know not to paint it then!

Haha i might need one then when I get round to it.

6th Gear

Status
    Looks like you got yourself a very nice car there. Got any more pics of the detail?
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

Reverse Gear

Status
    Afraid not, this was a quick one after I had spent the day washing it. Once the grill and front end have been sorted I will get some more pics up.