wagner intercooler

Kitchy

Reaction score
anybody here running a wagner intercooler on their s3?

I have no experience of the Wagner intercoolers, and i doubt many do simply because of the price! OUCH... but they do look good. I actually took some inspiration from them to come up with mine...

ad438cec.jpg

yeh they are a bit expensive (£700?) but i would get to keep my fog lights and requires no cutting of the crash bar like i think the forge one does? im really really tempted to order one but would need a remap again, also want a 3" downpipe so might wait till i can get both done and then the remap

Very good quality kit a lot of guys on other forums run them on tuned S4's

The forge one requires no cutting as comes with alloy crash bar

Very good quality kit a lot of guys on other forums run them on tuned S4's

The forge one requires no cutting as comes with alloy crash bar

...true but it is a pre-cut crash bar.... some peeps aren't too happy about doing that although I can't see any reason why not as they are no more useful in a shunt than the std bumpers on my Mk 2 Golf...

They are designed to deform from silly parking shunts like bumpers of olde....

<tuffty/>

They're very high quality, but they're not really worth the price unless you're looking to blow cash.

Sorry to bring up a blast from the past but seriously considering one of these. Has anyone got any experience with them? My main concerns are the thinner core (50mm) and the lack of hard pipes. Are they really issues? I' m looking a GT2871R before too long.

Edit: Before people start saying "Get the ah fabs one!!111", I'd love to but I don't feel too happy about cutting the crash bar or the fact it's 200 quid in postage!

Must be ok to cut the crash bar if forge supply you with a precut bar with their kits. If you have a bump that requires the use of the crash bar, you have more thinks to worry about than a weaken bar... I cut mine and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I wouldn't entertain that kit for £700, cost 500 more than the toyo sport setup would and wouldn't be as effective.

The crash bar is only there to help shrug off parking bumps... it isn't structural... think of it as an old skool metal bumper as thats all its really there for...

Bumpers are just that... 'bump' ers.... they are shunters :)

<tuffty/>