G200 Sensor

Sam_

Down under
Reaction score
Does anyone have a definitive answer for the part number for the G200 sensor for an '02 BAM S3?

I'm getting the ! ESP symbol up on the dash now and then (and stays till restart) and there's a fault in VCDS that says its duff.

Cheers!

OK will do. I'll post the part number in here once I get it for others searching.

I usually buy my parts through VW as they're cheaper but I'll get the part number from Audi. Cheers.

So I fitted and the light still came on :( I think it needs calibrating. I'll do that when I get home although I've read that for some people it worked fine after being sat for a period of time. It's in the car park at work so we'll see when I go to leave...

Damn it. I'm still getting the same error. This time I clear it and it comes back as soon as I turn the ignition on (as does the light). It was fine for about 20km but now it won't go away. I can't login to reset the sensor to 0 and this is what it reads parked up in the garage (which I think is flat!)

g200.gif

Just checked the longitudinal sensor and I imagine this is also wrong....

g200_long.gif

I'm guessing this could be wiring then? fantastic.

The plot thickens. I think at some point the bracket holding the sensors has been bent. Would explain the crazy readings.

g200_bracket.jpg

Straightened the bracket and the lateral sensor now shows 0m/s which is good.

Longitudinal shows the same still though but no error codes and no lights on the dash so must be all good...

Reactions: Inertiauk