EGT SENSOR!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!

dplovin

Reaction score
does anybody know or have pictures of where the egt sensor plugs into please, its not the probe but the black box its just sat loose at the top of my engine really ******* me off and it cant be helping at all, wasent even sure if my engine had one being honest audi s3 2000 reg

This might help a bit.
IMG_20110424_102335.jpg

Id be surprised if your lump had an egt probe also. Whats your engine code?

Have you just changed your turbo?

(if it turns out you dont need it then sell it to me!! Lol ;) )

As Mush said.... if your engine code is AMK then yeah, you have an EGT probe but if you are on an APY then you don't....

<tuffty/>

yeah my engine code is amk guys... someone said my model doesnt need a egt before? not long had this s3 smashed me other one into a bridge :( would of sold it aswell mush. im new to this guys so bare with me lol

Lol fair one mate, you must have an early AMK there. whys it been unplugged?

havent a clue m8 noticed it a week after i bought it when i was fitting a induction kit just hanging loose, didnt even know what it was at first pal, need spend abit of time on it being honest all together, dya rekon you can plug it back in' from the top of the engine

Yep you can defo plug it in from the top. Its fiddly but as the pic above shows, the plug on the loom is just under the inlet manifold adj the alternator. The egt probe routes around the block and plugs in at the front, so that it is easily accessible