Who's fitted a badger 5 tip???

AARON77

Reaction score
Hi guys dunno if I'm being stippling or way but I'm struggling get the hockey puck to marry up to badgers tip ???? Pls help

Is your car ESP or non ESP? non ESP S3's have a slightly different fitment for PCV and N75.... Bill has the bits for this... did you mention if your car was ESP or non ESP to him when you ordered it?

<tuffty/>

It's a non ESP and I now know that It won't fit
But it was nothing a trip to halfords and some handy work didnt sort out
And omg wat a difference loving it
Big smiles all over

is this difference that noticeable? i'm debating to get rid of my forge tip. :unsure:

It will fit you just have to tinker with it a bit if you didn't tell Bill it was non ESP then he won't have sent you pipes to suit
e38ffb13.jpg
This is what I got... And it was going to look like this
f1c2a458.jpg
So it had to be modified slightly with 90 degree elbow
926e5d1a.jpg
7b1dc259.jpg
0c3eee20.jpg
Hope this helps you mate..... But it definitely fits

is this difference that noticeable? i'm debating to get rid of my forge tip. :unsure:

Lol hell yes I went from 251 to 270 by just bolting the 3 inch tip on, big bang for buck!

Mines apy and it's one the better mods of done for a wile!!!
It's been so responsive and aggressive that I've done a tank of petrol in 24 hours, absolutely loving it !
Well done badger ****** ace bit of kit :)
Oh and thanx Cecil the saus I did manage to make something up with the help of halfords :)

Mines apy and it's one the better mods of done for a wile!!!
It's been so responsive and aggressive that I've done a tank of petrol in 24 hours, absolutely loving it !
Well done badger ****** ace bit of kit :)
Oh and thanx Cecil the saus I did manage to make something up with the help of halfords :)

Oh it definitely brings a smile to hour face :hubbahubba:

Even before I buy my S3 I was reading about the 3"TIP, it's a must have..... Next mouth i'll get one, this one it's time for maintenance...

Bill test fitted mine to my oem box, so it'll fit with a bit of jiggery pokery. The Jetex works well though and makes a sweet noise.

hmm... not that I know of, I dont think any were done on mine

I am not overly inclined to do the test personally to be honest.. I know the TIP works, is more proven than any other induction.. A test for this, and trimming for OE vs JR is quite time consumming.

Danes test was from OE airbox with K&N then 3" TIP with JR cone.. 250bhp before 271bhp after. Some contribution from JR I'm sure, but majority is TIP.

I remember seeing on SCN someone post their before/after log on their OE airbox, but I dont have the link for it, nor time to search for it. It will be on there somewhere.

We'll see how my time goes @ the time your wanting the dyno/TIP, so we might be able to do it for the sake of completeness.

regards
bill

No worries bill it was just an idea. I'm fully aware that the TIP is making the improvement I just wondered what the difference would be between an open filter and a closed box. Could it be that a closed airbox with a 4" cold feed could produce similar or even more than an open filter?

Finesse, the B5 TIP and mapping tweak will be my last thing to do until the 3" DPs are available ;)

No worries bill it was just an idea. I'm fully aware that the TIP is making the improvement I just wondered what the difference would be between an open filter and a closed box. Could it be that a closed airbox with a 4" cold feed could produce similar or even more than an open filter?

Finesse, the B5 TIP and mapping tweak will be my last thing to do until the 3" DPs are available ;)