Braking noise problem :s

audi-tk

Reaction score
Starting to get a noise from the front end of car when I put the brake pedal down slowly or fast. It's like metal to metal hitting sound. Brakes had been changes bout 2 months ago .there very squeaky though.not sure if that's got anything to do with. Really annoying and doesn't sound safe.
Help appreciated.thanks

Also the brake pedal makes a very spongey sound and it's a loud spongey noise but haven't noticed a change on the braking quality hmmm

Have you got any judder through the wheel as you brake?.

Could be a sticking piston in a caliper. I had it and it was a really bad judder through the steering when I was braking.

T

Strip them down and apply plenty of copper slip to the required places if they're squealing

Hi no judder what so ever. I'm thinking they are sticking too. Just sounds like somthing is loose. Any idea on the spongey noise from pedal? Is everyone's pedal make a noticeable spongey noise when pressed heavily. Thanks for replies

Mines always made a slight 'squelch' noise since I've owned it.

Did yours do it before the brakes were worked on?

has always donethe spongey pedal noise. but taqpping from front has just occured :( gonna get mechanic to strip em. more money :mad: