Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    Smell my finger.

Status

Cool Front brake upgrade time!!

Right after getting the carriers off jojo about 6 months ago I've finally pulled my finger out and fitted S3 discs to my A3.

Took about an hour to change the carriers and discs and its all looking good.

There's not much room behind the wheels now though... you cant see through it...its all disc

Test drive coming up after a brewski

Anyone thinking of doing it its easy.... if you can change brake pads then you can swap the whole lot over

T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

2. # ADS
    ADS

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Still uses same caliper? So just disc and carrier? That's a nice easy upgrade.

Smell my finger.

Status
    Yeah man same caliper

I had to change one of mine a couple of weeks ago but that was due to it being stuck. When I took the disc off that side it was mashed the hell on the inner face...which is obviously why I had really nasty juddering under braking which didnt get much better after the caliper was changed. Smooth massive discs should have cured that though.....fingers crossed!
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    reesyboy should be doing this today as I posted him braided hoses S3 carriers and DS2500
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

S3 Drift King!

Status
    All good stuff Tom.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Westle View Post
    reesyboy should be doing this today as I posted him braided hoses S3 carriers and DS2500
    Whilst its a nice day its not very nice on your back swearing at the carrier bolts whilst sweat runs into your eyes

Jo: its taken long enough!

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    My neighbours think I have tourettes.
    I wish there was an easy cheap upgrade like that for the s3.

5th Gear

Status
    Hmmm... off to the wanted section for some S3 carriers
    1999 A3 Quattro 1.8T Pics >>HERE
    2002 A4 Avant quattro 1.9 TDi

Faster than a V12 Q7

Status
    Brake upgrades are always cheap when Jojo's involved!

Smell my finger.

Status
    I'm more than happy with what its cost me.

Discs were 38 quid each for OEM S3 ones and the carriers were nice price from jo

Its sub 180 all in

King of the Mods. Apparently.

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    I will be doing mine within the next couple of days Neil, you're right. Any news on them yet Tom?

Smell my finger.

Status
    Not yet, decided to capitalise on the hot weather and chuck a bucket of water over the car instead.

I'm off out shortly in hunt of dinner so I'll keep you posted

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Brake upgrades are always cheap when Jojo's involved!
    Aye, it's all about being at the right place at the right time. I see no reason to add some 'scene' tax to my items, and the buyers usually give me the asking price.

Job done.

Smell my finger.

Status
    Right I've been out for an hour or so on some empty back roads to see how they are.

So far so good, no more judder and plenty of bite so happy days. Round town they dont feel any better but coming down from speed they seem to slow me down a fair bit quicker

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Good job tom, get the s3 rears now....

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    That'll be next.... got an annoying clunk from the front which I need to sort out. track rod end or ball joint I think...deep joy!

2nd Gear
    Hexxagon Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    My neighbours think I have tourettes.
    I wish there was an easy cheap upgrade like that for the s3.
    There is, r32 setup bolts straight on twin pot 334mm very big improvement even using the factory discs and pads couldnt recomened it enough espcially when you can sell your old s3 kit and make pretty much all of your money back like i did :D

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Don't think he needs them, he doesn't have the extra weight of quattro on his car.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Don't think he needs them, he doesn't have the extra weight of quattro on his car.
    Dont be like that jo...only cause you dont have any for sale.......

yeah your proberbly right but every little helps, plus it is future mod proof

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Dont be like that jo...only cause you dont have any for sale.......

yeah your proberbly right but every little helps, plus it is future mod proof
    Actually, I will have a pair of rear calipers and carriers for sale once I get my act together and colourcode the damn things! lol

THEN, I will give Tom a call, since he lives only a few miles away! <evil laff> Mwuhahahaha

Status

My Social Networking

If Tom doesn't want them, I might be interested as I need the extra stopping power for the 4wd!!!
    Last edited by Reesy; 22nd April 2011 at 00:27.

3rd Gear

Status
    I've just managed to source what I thought were Cupra R front brembos, but turned out to be the junior GT kit at a bargain price!!
    The s3 setup is all well and good but as I experienced at castle combe, as soon as there a bit of heat in them they are good for nothing!! lol
    I will have a full front s3 setup including braided lines and worn pads/discs available soon if anyones interested, pm me

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Plunky View Post
    I've just managed to source what I thought were Cupra R front brembos, but turned out to be the junior GT kit at a bargain price!!
    Apart from a slight change in caliper design, where the pipe for the brake fluid is external/outside the caliper, are they not essentially the same brakes? I'm using LCR disks with the Brembo jnr kit calipers.

Smell my finger.

Status
    Here's some pics of the new set up... ignore the scabby calipers...they'll be getting painted black soon..

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

As you can see there's not much room left with the stock 16" wheels

Put some miles on them and they're bedding in nicely now and getting more 'bite'

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    if anyone else is after doing the S3 312mm upgrade, I've also got a set of S3 312mm carriers for sale

PM me for details
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Status

My Social Networking

Why are you rolling on 16's again Tom?

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    because he's a homo.....

Something to do with comfort I think
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by reesyboy View Post
    Why are you rolling on 16's again Tom?
    Because my 18's need a refurb after I was nearly ran off the road by some twunt in an Astra. I also went off them to be honest... too 'played out' now.

i also didnt like the attention they attracted..... so its back to 16's to blend in!. Plus it drives WAY nice with them on too.

Status

My Social Networking

I've got the perfect mix between, and gone with 17's, as 16's are too small, yet 18's made it look like one of the wikedart cars, plus the ride was quite harsh with them on.

Smell my finger.

Status
    I fancy some 17's but money needs to be spent on other things at the moment...so who knows. Might look at getting something later in the year.