Booked in with R-Tech stage 2 map :)

Turboman-a3

speed thrills
Reaction score
As title says lads lol I'm booked in the 3rd of may 9:30 just wondered if anyone had any advice on getting there I.e. Speed cameras, spots, and major traffic headache roads as I'm from down south lol cheers

Chill on the way there dude, it'll make the drive home that bit better!

Biggest tip though, and I'm serious on this one, take a few packs of Chocolate hobnobs with you. Nick and the boys love them, and it'll almost certainly get you off on the right foot!

Other than that, if it's on coilovers, take a jack and C-spanner incase you need to raise it to get on the rollers, and just make sure it's all 100% before you go :)

You'll be amazed at just how quick it'll be afterwards :) Hope you're clutch is up to it!

also it's a b-day present so free to me! Lol and chocolate hobnobs sound awesome lol yeh I hope it is to lol

i drove up from down this way mate, to avoid speed cameras, just dont speed lol.
take it easy on the way up and like prawn said it will make the journey home that bit more awesome!
also, i would highly recommend you make sure everything on the car is in a1 condition, Nick and the team, are very "anal" on the health of your car before they even touch it, because of this i actually went there twice! and also having it mapped will make anything that is faulty very obvious.
oh and one last thing, make sure it has decent fuel in it! :) hope this helps

two words - Launch Control...

hob nobs lmao its the most random thing i think i heard on this forum when taking your car for a re-map

wonder what mike likes at awesome then going on sat get cam belt done:)

ok ive added it to my to buy list chocolate hob nobs for nick at r-tech

I know it's fully sorted on the me7 cars Liam, I did pm nick to ask if he could do it on our me3.8, but never got a reply.

I'll ask him about it when I'm up there for stage 2 on the daily :)

I dont think it really exists for our cars but launching is bad enough as it is for the clutch so i can't imagine using launch control would be particularly worse.

Nick offered to do me a stage 2 with launch control for my 01 amk and there's a YouTube vid of nick launching his golf using launch control

Does look great fun that launch control! definitely need to upgrade my clutch as id love to have that!