Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    2nd Gear

Status

Rear Axle Bushes and Haynes

I plan to replace my rear Axle Bushes, however, the Haynes Manual says that on A3s from 2001 onwards its not possible to extract worn bushes nor insert new ones, the whole axle has to be replaced. Any comments anyone!!!

DC
    His: 2001 1.8T AUM. Hibiscus Red Pearl Effect - Hers: 2002 1.8T AUM. Metalic Silver.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I would bin that Haynes manual mate ! Get yourself a good bush press (i am selling a used one by the way,check my sig.) a few hacksaw blades and a pair of Febi rear axle bushes. Some models came with hydraulic/oil filled bushes, you just take them off and replace them with normal bushes-very messy job and make shure you wear a face mask if you decide to burn the old bushes as the oil inside will splatter your face...
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks for reply Adam, i did read a "HOW TO" somewhere. Awsome will replace them with some Powerflex Bushes, at a cost of course. I have heard that Febi ones are good. Ill either pay to have them done or do it myself, i just need to make my mind up.

DC
    His: 2001 1.8T AUM. Hibiscus Red Pearl Effect - Hers: 2002 1.8T AUM. Metalic Silver.

6th Gear

Status
    Polibushes make the rear end a bit too nervous and they start to creak after a while when get dry. Take my advice and fit Febi solid bushes unless you like your fillings rattled at every speed bump. The solid bushes really tighten the rear end whilst still keeping a confortable ride, nothing a powerflex bush will ever achieve...
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once