Alarm LED's?

Ade_D

Reaction score
Website
www.pixworld.co.uk

There's been a couple of cars broken into in my street this week and i'm obviously a little apprehensive about mine. I have a Clifford fitted as well as the standard Audi alarm and both are always armed, but, is it possible to change the led's in the doors for ones that are brighter as more of a deterant? Has anyone already done it?
The Clifford one is blue and is well bright but the standard red ones in the doors can hardly be noticed.

Cheers

Ade

Ade, search on Audiworld

Lots of people have changed them on the b5

Suprised you would want to though- my blue clifford lights up the whole car its so bright!

Thanks Yaseen,

Yep the Clifford one is bright but if anyone fancies there chances with the Clifford they may think twice if they see 2 alarms....

Done a search on that site and found someone had done it and replaced them with blue ones...Didn't think of that, definatly a mod to add to my list... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

yes its possible.

http://www.wak-tt.com/mods/blueled/blueled.htm

only thing with Blue is is WILL attract attention. People will walk up to your car to see it / look in

and the day you accidently dont lock your car, then its even more obvious its not locked, to anyone used to seeing these bright beacons.