Faulty door contact switch ?? Errors out of VCDS

• Thread starter imported_roydonaldson
  • Start date
I

imported_roydonaldson

Hi there,

Pulled the following from the shareware VCDS (I'm outside glasgow if you have a full version I could use):

01371 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
35-00 - Please Register/Activate
01374 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
01370 - Alarm triggered by Interior Monitoring
35-00 - -

These look to me like the drivers side door contact switch is faulty. Anyone know exactly what these are and what I need to replace to fix it.

I also pulled these out too:

VCDS-Lite Version: Release 1.1
Monday, 18 April 2011, 15:13:43.
Control Module Part Number: 8D0 862 257 E
Component and/or Version: CV-Pump, Alarm, RC D17
Software Coding: 15178
Work Shop Code: WSC 01236
VCID: 2F1190BFFE13
7 Faults Found:
01367 - Central Locking Pump Run Time Exceeded (Likely Leak)
35-00 - -
01371 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
01374 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
01370 - Alarm triggered by Interior Monitoring
35-00 - -
00991 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
28-00 - Please Register/Activate
00955 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
09-00 - Please Register/Activate
00956 - Key 2
09-00 - Adaptation Limit Surpassed

VCDS-Lite Version: Release 1.1
Monday, 18 April 2011, 15:15:42.
Control Module Part Number: 8L0 035 195 H
Component and/or Version: symphony II NP2 0151
Software Coding: 00201
Work Shop Code: WSC 00573
VCID: 33199CCF123B
1 Fault Found:
01336 - Data Bus for Comfort System
49-10 - No Communications - Intermittent

Thanks,
Roy.

VCDS doesn't normally show an error if the door contact is faulty. That error suggests that your alarm has been set off by one of the interior sensors.

The tell tale signs of the door contact are the interior lights not switching off when the door is closed and the DIS showing that the door is open when it isn't.

With the full version of VCDS you can see the output of the door/boot/bonnet switches. "0" means the door is open and "1" means the door is closed. This is another way to check if the switches are ok.

The error regarding the possible leaky pump is very common on these cars. I have a reconditioned central locking pump and mine still throws up that error sometime. As long as the central locking is still working I wouldn't worry too much.

Hmmm, I'd had my battery go on me about a month ago. Initially I had it charged up and then it went again and I had it replaced. Perhaps I'd used the key to open the door rather than the central locking then ?

Worthwhile clearing the fault codes out and seeing if they re-occur ?

Roy.

Hmmm, I'd had my battery go on me about a month ago. Initially I had it charged up and then it went again and I had it replaced. Perhaps I'd used the key to open the door rather than the central locking then ?

Worthwhile clearing the fault codes out and seeing if they re-occur ?

Roy.

Yeah clear them and keep an eye on them. Those 2 exact same codes come up on mine from time to time but I've had no issues from them. Have you checked your interior lights are going off when you close the doors? Maybe that's been draining your battery?

Think the lights are ok. Battery was definately just screwed. Was original 8 year old battery, RAC measured it and it was only capable of holding under it's normal charge. It was the -12 we had over xmas the finally did it in.

I always get the door and alarm one, everytime I get my car scanned.....