Burning Rubber

• Thread starter imported_MancheS3er
  • Start date
I

imported_MancheS3er

Getting a new set of Goodyear Eagle F1's fitted tomorrow afternoon so am thinking of trying to finally finish off the Michelin Pilot Sports that are on their way tomorrow.

I've heard that it's not that easy to wheel spin an S3 (and have never done so myself so far) so has anyone got any suggestions for tyre burning moves. I don't want to kill anyone just thought that this was an ideal opportunity to get a bit sideways.

Any ideas? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Anything more than 5k rev and the clutch just slips!

it's easy if your tyres are knackered and cold, drive carefully (slow wheel speeds and little breaking) to somewhere safe then about4.5krpm and drop the clutch at the same time as flooring it and you get wheel spin in my 210Bhp non traction control standard s3... or wait for it to rain find a slow corner (again a safe one) enter about 30 in second grear then floor it and welcome to power slide land...

would say be careful to powersliding on public roads
youll end up whacking something

did similar in my A3 few months back...pishing rain and on elevated round about car went sideways across 3 lanes and LUCKILY stopped before i hit barrier and plunged 45 ft over side

my my heart beat a little faster hahahah

there are no safe roads....all the other nutters out there getting in my way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Imola S3 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this supposed to be happen ? My t-sport does this at around 4k and I find it infuritating when trying to pull away from a junction and it sounds as though the gear isn't engaged ??

[ QUOTE ]
cybrey said:
[ QUOTE ]
Imola S3 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this supposed to be happen ? My t-sport does this at around 4k and I find it infuritating when trying to pull away from a junction and it sounds as though the gear isn't engaged ??

[/ QUOTE ]
1/4 mile racing, on the line I usually rev to about 5k and pull the clutch out. Anymore than that is a no go!

So is it a design of the car ? or a clutch which is on its last legs ? I've not had a car previously which slipped before the tyres did.