Bose Question - 2002 S3

Wilko89

Reaction score
Well not had my S3 long and upon driving it home i found it had no bass at all, even with the headunit settings tweaked.

got it home and looked in the passenger side boot pocket and noticed its empty, i am presuming that the Subwoofer is meant to be located in their?

my door speakers have the bose badges also, but when i turn up my headunit, im not getting hardly any bass from them at all? got more out of my old polo. is this because the bass is usually supplied through the sub and the speakers do all the vocal/treble work?

i also think there is an amp in the drivers side boot pocket, but not sure what thats powering up.

can anyone shed any light on why ive got no bass in the speakers and if its just the bose sub i will need, or the boss sub and amp.

oh, and i have found the plug for the sub just hanging in there lol

Thanks,

Darren.

Sounds like (no pun intended) the sub woofer has been removed for whatever reason... should look a bit like this..
20100630_IMG_6755.jpg

<tuffty/>

Cheers for the quick reply.

yea it's definitely been removed, im just surprised at how flat the speakers are without it in?

Looks like ill be looking for a new/used one on ebay then!

Thanks again.

what size are the rear speakers as my drivers one has gone

what size are the rear speakers as my drivers one has gone

OEM rears on S3 Bose systems are like the one on the right...
20100630_IMG_6758.jpg

Bose speakers are also 2ohm so aftermarket ones won't fit straight in which is why I changed all mine and fitted amps etc..

<tuffty/>

might have a look at changing the whole system and fit some hertz in front and vibe amp with 10" infinity perfect 10 in the rear and make a custom box to replace the oem sub box in the back now the rear speakers might see if i can addapt some 6x9's in there and make some brackets

thats a great set up you got going on there but for the sake of all that wiring and messing about i will leave it for now concentrate on getting car lower and getting exhaust done

Just got a Bose Sub off ebay from some guy breaking an S3 for 38.99 Delivered.

Will keep updated once received and fitted.

Cheers :)

Mines booked into Andy Mac on 24th for one of his Stealth Subs.

Cant wait :0

Just to let you's know, ive sorted it, new subwoofer was delivered, plugged in and fitted in its correct place and all is good :)

Cheers for the help lads :)