Warning light and irritating beeping noise

richrich14

Reaction score
Anybody have any great ideas on how the best way is of stopping/removing the irritating beeping noise when the warning light appears on an Audi A3 1.8T?

Ideas welcome

Umm, not sure why you would want to, its a warning and if its a Critical One, Flashes Red and 3 loud beeps you really need to stop your car asap or risk a blown engine!!

DC

Is the light a (!) ? If so I'm sure that's a fault in the braking system light? Lol blown engine? Hope not! My light came on one morning. Checked the fluid,pads and checked for any visible leaks but none. Light had not come back on after I turned the engine off? Does yours come on every time?

the brake pad warning light has a tendancy to come on. Its due to the wires corroding. Take off the front pasenger side wheel and check for snapped wires. If they are gone just join them together and the light will go off.

The beeping i'm refering is not related to the brake system. its the central LCD display. I want to keep the display but just eliminate the irritating beeping noise.

Rich

Might it perhaps be a good idea to investigate and sort out the fault out that's causing the so far unspecified warning symbol and beep? Usually a beep is for a somewhat serious issue, either safety related or of potential imminent mechanical breakfdown?

Cheers,

the piezo sounder is on the back of the combi-unit (clocks) but you don't want to mess with it...

this has all the potential of one of those world wide fail threads...

rich - what is the warning light? Which symbol? refer to your manual if you are unsure and post back. You need to fix the issue for it to go away permanently

Turn your stereo up until you dont hear it anymore :)