Just recieved my RS4 replicas from Rochford Tyres!

Drysdale

Reaction score
Been having some trouble getting these delivered (were meant to be here on the 2nd of Jan!) and finally got them a few minutes ago. But it was worth the wait! I'm so happy with them. They're 18" RS4 replicas which I'm going to fit on Thursday and they really do look smart! Not a crappy replica either. They're wrapped in Nankang tyres too, which isnt bad for what rochford called a 'budget' tyre. I'm in love!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Thanks Rochford! Just hope I can keep em as spotless as the are now. One minor mark on them where the paint/lacquer has come off about half an inch square, but not too bad.

[ QUOTE ]
Imola S3 said:
You'll soon realise you should have upgraded to better tyres!

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed!

although it being on 1.6 really wont matter too much. They will be fine for regular driving about.

Rich

there is a scratch on them already and they have only just been delivered??? send the damaged wheel back and get a replacement!!

also you should have gone for the toyo's IMO. they were only another £100

Really? I know Nankangs aren't the best but certainly not the worst? Was expecting some re-manufactured unbranded crap. Nice and shiny black tyres though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Will get some pics up when they're fitted. Won't be lowered til next month though so a bit worred about it looking like a tractor. Got lots of things to do Thursday...fit wheels, new drilled discs, clear side repeaters, facelift rear lights, S3 spoiler. Friday will fit the facelift headlights once I find my hacksaw. :/ Then next month comes the lowering on SPAX springs/shocks and if I can find a black recaro interior will get that sorted too.

Wheres the best place to look for a S3 recaro interior?

there was a black s3 interior on ebay a while back.. thats your best bet

How much did you pay? i hate to tell you this now... but did you know Leigh Tyres do exactly the same RS4 reps (same supplier as rochford) and my experience has been that they are always cheaper than rochford!

I paid £605 including VAT for balanced wheels and tyres and delivery. As far as Im aware thats an OK price. Heard good things about them as far as reliability so decided to search no further!

TBH I search everyday on ebay for the recaros. I saw that lot a while back too but didnt really have the spare cash at the time! Looking for either the cream or black interior (not two tone) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ah thats not a bad price then to be honest.

the only way you'll get an s3 interior is if one has been crashed and broken. my advice.. if you see one.. buy it as soon as it comes up cause you never know how long before another one is available

I have a set of Nankangs on my 18's. From a performance aspect they are satisfactory for what you pay. The biggest problem I have found with them is that they have absolutely no rim protection whatsoever. Two wheels already need a refurb. I am counting the miles down to when I can change them. I reiterate this is not due to how the grip etc but I keep and scrapping my wheels and it is a right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[censored].gif er

[ QUOTE ]
Drysdale said:
BTW Rich, you're doing a good job of attracting customers...love that RS3 bumper mate.....might take priority over certain other things for the car!

Don't suppose you sell it through JBR do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

But HELL no! They are possibly the worst 'Company' i have ever dealt with. took 6 weeks to arrive, had to wire the money cos they dont accept card payment, and had to call and email EVERY DAY (which they NEVER replied to!) and FINALLY got the bumper. It was a nightmare and would have to be stuck to do it again. its a shame cos they are good looking bumpers!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:
Just thank god you didn't get Avon's!

[/ QUOTE ]

whats wrong with avons. i have zz3's and they are very good
im putting down 277bhp and drive hard when im playing,

were your replicas the ones with 10 holes in the hub?

Not the recaros im after unfortunately! Want the proper S3 ones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Thanks though, looks like a useful site.

[ QUOTE ]
s3ugly said:
[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:
Just thank god you didn't get Avon's!

[/ QUOTE ]

whats wrong with avons. i have zz3's and they are very good
im putting down 277bhp and drive hard when im playing,

were your replicas the ones with 10 holes in the hub?

[/ QUOTE ]

The ZZ3's are better than the s*it zz1's that I have.

Oh my, this car must have rolled at speed.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
16.jpg

Stick a set of Rochford RS4 replicas on it and it`ll be fine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
rickparmar said:
wats 4rings website?

[/ QUOTE ]

See Yaseens post a couple of posts up.