Volks AutosBadger5

Thread: BOOST PROBLEM

Reverse Gear

Status

Angry BOOST PROBLEM

anyone help me please im new 2 this game, after boosting my car it stops working but pull over side of the road switch engine off back on and it works fine again till after boosting it for a bit and stops working again its doing my head in lol
    Last edited by s3stew76; 16th April 2011 at 11:43.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Sounds like your hitting limp mode probably due to overboosting. The ECU prevents engine damage by restricting the RPM. Possibly a DV fault. Can you get it scanned?
    Last edited by talentwalsh; 16th April 2011 at 11:55.

Reverse Gear

Status
    could this be n75 valve ive heard alot of people talking about this? cheers

Reverse Gear

Status
    ive had it on the diagnosis and its a problem between accelerator and turbo

A3 1.8T (AGU)

Status
    i had a same kind of thing happen to me and it was the turbo that was wound up to much i turned it down and it was ok try looking cus sometimes the to nuts go lose

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3stew76 View Post
    ive had it on the diagnosis and its a problem between accelerator and turbo
    Thats a bit of a sweeping statement!!! has the car been checked for fault codes? if so do you know what they are?

Sounds like limp mode but without checking the codes in the first instance then its gonna be difficult to start suggesting much more than checking all hoses and pipes for signs of leaks/splits etc.... the PCV pipes under the inlet manifold are classic areas for leaks and a big boost leak will throw a boost deviation code and go into limp mode... does the CEL (check engine light) come up on the dash when this happens?

<tuftfy/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

5th Gear

Status
    had the same problem mate i got my boost turned down and it went i have a **** map tho so wont help
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge