BOOST PROBLEM

s3stew76

Reaction score
anyone help me please im new 2 this game, after boosting my car it stops working but pull over side of the road switch engine off back on and it works fine again till after boosting it for a bit and stops working again its doing my head in lol

Last edited:
Sounds like your hitting limp mode probably due to overboosting. The ECU prevents engine damage by restricting the RPM. Possibly a DV fault. Can you get it scanned?

Last edited:
could this be n75 valve ive heard alot of people talking about this? cheers

ive had it on the diagnosis and its a problem between accelerator and turbo

i had a same kind of thing happen to me and it was the turbo that was wound up to much i turned it down and it was ok try looking cus sometimes the to nuts go lose

ive had it on the diagnosis and its a problem between accelerator and turbo

Thats a bit of a sweeping statement!!! has the car been checked for fault codes? if so do you know what they are?

Sounds like limp mode but without checking the codes in the first instance then its gonna be difficult to start suggesting much more than checking all hoses and pipes for signs of leaks/splits etc.... the PCV pipes under the inlet manifold are classic areas for leaks and a big boost leak will throw a boost deviation code and go into limp mode... does the CEL (check engine light) come up on the dash when this happens?

<tuftfy/>

had the same problem mate i got my boost turned down and it went i have a **** map tho so wont help