The TQS Owners thread

got pics and price sorted reesy cheers for the update though

Yeah I had a great time thanks Neil, absolutely stunning place.

Don't think I could live with the understeer in the cooper-s or JCW :/ and I think they look a bit silly going fast lol...

How was AITP??

Hmm the part of the Mini being better on fuel...erm no they drink it lol. Slightly smaller tank but my mate used to get like 230miles to a tank on average. That wasnt exactly around town either. That was mainly 60mph single carriage way or motorway.

GTT are pretty good. My mate had a GTT intercooler and a GPR (i think?) induction kit and then the rest done by 1320 mini. They have a dyno there too which they do a before and after run and make sure everything is running smooth before doing anything. Kind of like the good service Rtech give but for Mini`s lol. I`d go there tbh.

Understeer in the Mini? Hmm not too much. Compared to an Audi its nonexistant lol.

The only annoying part of the Mini is the epic powersteering whine lol. Its almost as loud as the supercharger :p

AITP was good, but over run by S3's, wasn't 1 tqs there. Not even mine, but mine will be at ADI, are you coming to that Zeus?

Hmm the part of the Mini being better on fuel...erm no they drink it lol. Slightly smaller tank but my mate used to get like 230miles to a tank on average. That wasnt exactly around town either. That was mainly 60mph single carriage way or motorway.

GTT are pretty good. My mate had a GTT intercooler and a GPR (i think?) induction kit and then the rest done by 1320 mini. They have a dyno there too which they do a before and after run and make sure everything is running smooth before doing anything. Kind of like the good service Rtech give but for Mini`s lol. I`d go there tbh.

Understeer in the Mini? Hmm not too much. Compared to an Audi its nonexistant lol.

The only annoying part of the Mini is the epic powersteering whine lol. Its almost as loud as the supercharger :p

ive only taken the fuel thing of parkers guide compairing it against mine it get roughly 18mpg around town with the audi and 4mpg when foot to the floor so carnt see the mini beeing that bad lol.

yeh the power stearing is loud also the problem with the pas pump that dies on them, tuning them seems pretty cheap also i would probs get the cooper s and tune it myself ie pullys etc.

my biggest problem is getting the mrs to change her mind as she h8's them with a passion might just wait till she goes away again like i did when bought the 106 gti lol he face was a picture when she got back wtf is that its a car love lmao

You boys need to represent :asskicking:

dont worry westy come next year i will be at most shows going as car will be looking mint and ready for show and shine providing i dont get to tempted with the mini tomoz lol

1 scenario for you - Someone asks you what you drive and you have to say: 'a mini'. That alone is enough to put me off

I was never keen on it but quite liked it when i went in my mates. Depending on the colour combinations they dont look too girly. My mate had the dark grey colour with black roof and mirrors with gun metal OZ ultraleggera`s. Looked slightly less gay lol.

Tuning isnt too expensive yeah and theres plently of places that do it. To do the pully yourself you just need the tool to get the pully bolt off im sure. rest is easy enough. I`d probably still take it to 1320 to do. Aswell as being really close to me its the peace of mind it gives and also the dyno runs and health check you get. Also theres quite a cute girl that works in the office :p haha

I was never keen on it but quite liked it when i went in my mates. Depending on the colour combinations they dont look too girly. My mate had the dark grey colour with black roof and mirrors with gun metal OZ ultraleggera`s. Looked slightly less gay lol.

Tuning isnt too expensive yeah and theres plently of places that do it. To do the pully yourself you just need the tool to get the pully bolt off im sure. rest is easy enough. I`d probably still take it to 1320 to do. Aswell as being really close to me its the peace of mind it gives and also the dyno runs and health check you get. Also theres quite a cute girl that works in the office :p haha

There's a black mini round my way with a wide arch kit on it and it looks wicked. Everything is black so it looks really stealthy. Shame it's slow as ****.

Theres a normal Cooper round here with widearch kit but has standard wheels on so they`re still about 6inches inside the arch and looks pathetic lol

would probs get the dark grey one, get some carbon bits on it make it look more manly lol, ive raced a cooper s and to be fair they are bit slower than mine but round corners **** me could i not loose it, and the super charger whine is ace.

230 bhp is easy achieved which would suit me as its instant power with the super charger, i could get 230bhp with mine so im kinda up in arms about it, once test drove will help me make my mind up a bit better i wouldnt wanna sell the audi 1 reason only the colour, good offer would change my mind 3k +.

its there is just something about them that makes me want one could be how steathly they are compaired to mine with the huge fmic staring at ya and grinning lol,

Syvo, a remap would change your point of view completely. If mine wasn't mapped it would have been long gone...

it may reesy remap and exhaust is on the cards with out doubt im just put off at the mo due to the masive key mark all the way down the car, makes the car look common lol. got quick quote back they will only offer pennies so dont think i might go for the car was hoping for decent price and maybe swap this weekend but not looking that way.

the bumble bee is going in body shop at end of the month for respray on one side and all paint touched up where necissary, fitting tie arms tomoz morning and tip next weekend.

got three cars to detail this month so chance to buy more cleaning stuff yay all ways cheers me up buying cleaning gear lol, started me own detailing last month nothing major just to show off my work and make some money.

Without sounding like we're pushing you into it, but you don't need to do the exhaust at the same time. If you get it done somewhere reputable, they should just tweak the map if you get an exhaust..
I can't imagine still having stock power, it feels so different (by different i mean slow) if you're at ADI, i can try and show you the difference between a stocker and one with a map...:thumbsup:

nah my mind was made up with a map last year before i got the car lol,

adi duno if i will be at that one if i am i will come find ya m8.

im sure 230bhp will be fine for me for the time beeing any more just a case of rod change and hybrid on we go lol with minor mods s3 injectors etc....

soon as paint is done i will probs be happy with the car again.

Jason I've got a TQS, so I'd hope AWD with ESP would cope marginally better than the FWD mini :)

Syvo, I got my exhaust after my remap, they accounted for the exhaust when they did the remap and I ran it on slightly lower boost (with my SPS switch) until the exhaust was on. But if yours isn't remapped, you WILL love it even more when you get it mapped...

Chris, what's ADI? Where is it? When?

Neil, yes the Icelandic women were pretty hot haha :p just don't tell my missus I said that!

Jason I've got a TQS, so I'd hope AWD with ESP would cope marginally better than the FWD mini :)

Syvo, I got my exhaust after my remap, they accounted for the exhaust when they did the remap and I ran it on slightly lower boost (with my SPS switch) until the exhaust was on. But if yours isn't remapped, you WILL love it even more when you get it mapped...

Chris, what's ADI? Where is it? When?

Neil, yes the Icelandic women were pretty hot haha :p just don't tell my missus I said that!

i know the swedish ones are seen a few off them on holidays,
yeh will get exhaust then get the map, i duno regarding the handleing i watch the mini on the ring and **** me it can handle.

Audi Driver international. It's at castle combe on Sat 8th of October. there will be an asn stand and i shall probably take mine around the track as well. >>Linky<< Theres not a lot on the site at the mo, but i'm sure more will appear. I have never been, but it's meant to be great

Doesnt mean yours wouldnt understeer lol. The Mini has various electronic aids too and its far lighter so doesnt have all that weight pushing it nose first into a bush. Plus the haldex isnt going to cut in allowing 4wd unless you`re booting it around the corner which on a fast enough corner thats causing understeer you probably arent going to be doing.

I would guess that my car vs a mini in the rain would leave me up the road, and the mini either bogged down by the tcs or wheelspinning towards the outer curb...

there is also that concern with the rain, blue haldex controller on the quattro would kill the mini in the rain.

Any haldex controller would. 4wd greater than 2wd in rain + snow.

blue haldex in dry would out do 2wd also i reckon

I've never actually managed to get my TQS to understeer in the dry. Ever. No matter how hard I've pushed it. In the wet, it takes a lot to get it to understeer.

Anyway, this is an Audi forum.. so... Let's talk suspension lads. My plans:

Replace front wishbones and ball joints (on order from Audi with bushes)
Replace suspension top mounts (on order from Audi)
Replace all shocks and springs with fixed 30mm lowering spring/damper set (probably go for Koni or Spax)
Replace front and rear drop links (eurocarparts)
Fit remaining bushes with polybushes (powerflex)
Replace ARBs with either R32, OEM parts or Eibach upgrade.

Thoughts/ comments guys?

the top mounts i would go for lcr top mounts and bearings i got a set from euro car parts £25 for both front topmounts with bearings.
just be care full when tightening the top mounts etc sure the spec is ment to be 45ft/lbs but this will crack the bearing 30-35 ft/lbs will be fine as this is what i tightened mine to.

yeh think they are the ones worth the money and can tell the difference as they are much stiffer than original

I've gone for the official Audi ones mate £25 each. My problem now is, because my intercooler hotside pipe goes over the engine, fitting a strut brace will be difficult..... :-/

what you need the brace for? as only the s3's it attaches to the struts and a3's its just for show.

what you need the brace for? as only the s3's it attaches to the struts and a3's its just for show.

Didnt think they were attached to the struts..just already had the studs in the bodywork. Thats why you have to drill the body work in the same place and use bolts and nuts to fit one to models that dont have the studs as standard