The TQS Owners thread

Back on here now after my hols, car was feeling sluggish on the way up with an extra 250kg of weight in it, but after being parked up for a week felt goooood on the way back.

Like the sound of the downpipe, what price are we looking at for DP and cat, and are we going to get them both from the company, or just the DP and source the cats from eBay or the like??

we can get both from there that price is just for the 3" downpipe im sure they can sell the cats also as they would be using my car as the tester

Nice one Zeus and Syvo :) I'll be getting me one of these when they are ready... End of August sounds good to me, will give me time to save the pennies, if before then no worrys, just means I'll have to drink less lol.

Zeus - Any chance you could get a recording of what your car sounds like with the full system, would be interesting to hear what it sounds like

Here you go Chris mate:

The backpressure was enough to move my iphone lol, but you get the idea - a nice rumble.
That's the 'quiet' exhaust version. I'll post a drive-by video when I get time :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers mate, lovely sound and I like the burble as you turn it off :) It's not too droney at motorway speeds though is it?

Quattro1, WHERE ARE YOU?!?!? I want to know about the 28rs!!!

im selling up mate :( this car actually hates me! ive had nothing but problem after problem after problem this past few months, i was supposed to go get some wheels off reesy which my car put a stop to by going into limp mode....and staying in limp mode for a week, gone through 3 sumps in the past month and now ive had epic boost/idle/spark plug problems! so its going! i cant be dealing with it anymore, the turbo sold on ebay for the best part of a grand yesterday which is a good result, ill be looking to get £2300ish for my car now its back up and running perfect so im just going to cut my losses and get either an s3 or another integra! lol :happy: sorry to be abit of a let down but honestly, ive never had so much trouble with any car before!! its lucky its still in one piece and not a bare burned out shell! lol

Chris - Nah mate it's got a nice burble at low revs and when labouring, but at higher speeds it's nice and quiet, I hardly notice it on the motorway.

Quattro - Ah man, that sucks :( ... why did it go into limp mode? What was wrong with the sumps? Leaking? What were the idle/boost/spark problems?? You didn't just bolt the turbo in did you? Without a good downpipe, inlet pipe, charge pipe, manifold, good oil lines and proper fuelling it would cause problems no doubt... Was it the turbo that caused the problems do you think?

nah i didnt even get round to putting the tubo on, the limp mode was caused by a ****** maf and n75 (both died at the same time...) sumps were damaged because of our fantastic english roads! just fed up of it now anyway, its a great car and that but just abit boring to look at and not really agressive enough for me! best of luck with everyones plans and that :bye:

the sumps were damaged because you're either too low or don't drive it carefully enough!

I took a sump off mine at standard height 3 weeks after I bought it, through not driving carefully and taking in the road condition.

I've covered 130k in 8L A3's since in 5 years, decked to the floor and not hit a sump once. If you're going to run low, you have to be prepared to drive accordingly

i do drive carefully ive always had lowered cars, the roads round here are truely shocking especially the little area whee i live! the sump just hangs too low on these, id genuinely rather change car than have it at standard ride height because they look absolutely gash with huge arch gaps! lol

im sorry dude, but 3 sumps in a month is NOT driving carefully.

My car is lower than yours, and I'm yet to hit my sump at all. I've hit the subframe, and dogbone, but never the sump.

Sure, driving carefully does mean that sometimes you're doing 5-10mph in a 40 zone, but if you know what the roads are like, then you need to drive accordingly. No matter how rough the road is, if you're going slow enough, you're not going to crack it even if you do catch it

Quattro - Sorry to hear about all the problems mate, hope you get another 8L :) out of interest, how have you found your Carbonio? I'm thinking of getting one..

Prawn - what mods have you got currently?

General turbo question, I'd appreciate any insight please guys:

I can get this kit for £4k fitted:

GT2860RS -5005S ball bearing turbo 0.64 AR
Hi Flow cast manifold
3” SS downpipe and sports cat
3” SS Inlet pipe
SS Charge pipe
Forge Custom Front Mounted Intercooler & pipework
Silicone connecting hoses (Blue, Red or Yellow)
Braided oil and water hoses
SS oil drain bottom pipe.
Gaskets
Hose clamps
Actuator bracket and SS extension rod
Studs, Bolts, Nuts, washers and heat wrap.

This will give me 325bhp.

Would a cheaper option be the K03-hybrid? I've heard you can get them for 600-700? Where from? Though even when you add the other parts in the kit above, it would still be 3.5k. Do you guys think all the parts above are necessary for a turbo upgrade (aside from clutch/flywheel etc) ?? If so, are there any cheaper options, for example the Forge FMIC is a grand, which is a lot of money, although I realise it's a very good I/C... ? Thoughts please?

Also, what power would the K03-Hybrid give. I've heard very conflicting statements. Some say 250-260 max, some say up to 300.. ?

I was going to say the first thing that will save you at least 400 is the forge fmic. I wouldn't bother with one of them as you pay a premium just for the name. I would have thought the hybrid could be done for a bit cheaper then 3k. Not sure of anyone on here with a ko3 hybrid, but i'm pretty sure a lot of the seat boys have them, and with contrasting power results

nah i didnt even get round to putting the tubo on, the limp mode was caused by a ****** maf and n75 (both died at the same time...) sumps were damaged because of our fantastic english roads! just fed up of it now anyway, its a great car and that but just abit boring to look at and not really agressive enough for me! best of luck with everyones plans and that :bye:

im highly tempted to do the same m8 nothing but problem after problem with the audi had less problems with my 106, been looking at r33 gtr skyline

280bhp with wmi will be most from a k03s hybrid

I was going to say the first thing that will save you at least 400 is the forge fmic. I wouldn't bother with one of them as you pay a premium just for the name. I would have thought the hybrid could be done for a bit cheaper then 3k. Not sure of anyone on here with a ko3 hybrid, but i'm pretty sure a lot of the seat boys have them, and with contrasting power results

Toyosports perhaps? They're only £250... but are they any good :/

carnt see why not forge fmic are only needed for big turbo ie gt30 etc im sure 320 bhp will be fine with a toyosport fmic

Prawn - what mods have you got currently?

On which one :hi:

fe293cc3.jpg

Neither are quattro, so I don't really belong in here ;)

W3sty is in here all the time, and he's got an S3, so I'm sure you're allowed :lmfao: What FMIC have you got on yours Prawn?

W3sty is in here all the time, and he's got an S3, so I'm sure you're allowed :lmfao: What FMIC have you got on yours Prawn?

I like to be nosey ;)

Prawn doesn't even have a FMIC he like to run hot ;)

Just buy yourself an eBay cheapo. I've got a £99 one from eBay and it's doing the job fine on a Revo stage2 S3 with 270bhp.

Yeah, but I can't be ***** to work out what pipes I need, so I might just have to buy the £200 jobbie from ebay, but before that it needs a service and to sort out the few faults have come up when I scanned it yesterday. I'm also between jobs at the moment, and have just had a week in Ibiza, so the bank balance is in tatters :sob:

Yeah, but I can't be ***** to work out what pipes I need, so I might just have to buy the £200 jobbie from ebay, but before that it needs a service and to sort out the few faults have come up when I scanned it yesterday. I'm also between jobs at the moment, and have just had a week in Ibiza, so the bank balance is in tatters :sob:

You lazy sod ;) There's enough pics of FMIC builds on here to get an idea what hoses you need.

2 and a half years ive gotta keep this bloddy car till i can get what i want :banghead: just worked it all out hope it gets better not worse lol sorry for the random interuption

Lies!!!

This picture suggests otherwise:

3f9f8c70.jpg

028ae9b9.jpg

Mine is the £200 turbo revs kit sold On eBay, although when i got it almost 4 years ago it was imported from tuner-stop in California and cost me almost £400!!!

Aside from the lack of map sensor and n75 take off, it's a good fitting kit that works brilliantly for the money!

I knew you had one on the track car, but I'm assuming you don't have one on your daily?

Did the turbo revs one fit straight out of the packet, or was there any issues with fitting?

I knew you had one on the track car, but I'm assuming you don't have one on your daily?

Did the turbo revs one fit straight out of the packet, or was there any issues with fitting?

it fits onto the car easily, but there is a LOT of trimming required to the bumper to get it back on, plus you need to make your own N75 take off, and make your own mounts for the core too. it's about a days work start to finish to get it fitted properly, and the pipes WILL be visable like mine are above, you can't avoid that. you also lose the fogs if you have a facelift car.

I've got an FMIC for the daily, I've just not got round to fitting it yet, but when I do it'll be as per Tims blue kingfisher car (he and I came up with that idea together) and will be totally invisible :)

The daily just goes up and down the A3, and won't be doing any more track work, so I'm not in too much of a hurry to get the FMIC fitted.

Will be a different matter when the track car has the hybrid though, I'll be desperate for more power in the daily!

I'm tempted to wait and see how this totally invisible FMIC is going to work. Isn't Tuffty's a facelift with both fogs and grills fitted, or does the S3 bumper sit differently?

the S3 bumper is much bigger inside, so more room for a core and pipes in there, it's also deeper, so again more room! Also, the inlet is on the other side on an S3, so again, another reason it's all different!

If you search for 'Kingfisher A3 build' by 1animal1 you'll find Tims old build thread. He and I came up with the idea together, and he was the first to do it, where I've been side tracked with the track car in the last year or so.

It works well though, using a toyosports core, you can keep the fogs, and it's 100% invisible when finished!

Great, typical giving the S3 owners an easy time!

Every time I click the link to that build thread, it links me to the FMIC sticky thread instead, so it must be top secret.

I'm liking the sound of the invisible one more and more, as I want it to look as OEM as possible

Great, typical giving the S3 owners an easy time!

Every time I click the link to that build thread, it links me to the FMIC sticky thread instead, so it must be top secret.

I'm liking the sound of the invisible one more and more, as I want it to look as OEM as possible

Yeah and it still wasn't very easy on the S3. I had to cut shed loads off the bumper and fog grills to get it to all fit how I wanted it and now I've got to take off the other smic it'll probably need trimming again :(

I seem to have opened a small can of worms :S ....

Prawn - looks like you'll need some new front tyres soon buddy ;) touché.. How about mods on both?

Chris - do you fancy getting a couple of toyosports and seeing what we can make of them? I'm like you on keeping the fogs intact :)

good luck with trying to keep the fogs ive looked at mine numerous times and no chance could you get the fogs in to fit the crash bar in mine has been trimmed quiet a bit and still the fmic is very close to the rad so wont go back any more

good luck with trying to keep the fogs ive looked at mine numerous times and no chance could you get the fogs in to fit the crash bar in mine has been trimmed quiet a bit and still the fmic is very close to the rad so wont go back any more

Mate I don't want to hear that :( ... I want to hear "sure you can keep the fogs, just follow these instructions" haha :p

Mate I don't want to hear that :( ... I want to hear "sure you can keep the fogs, just follow these instructions" haha :p

i only beeing honist m8 but im sure you can make it fit behind the fogs and it will work perfectly