The TQS Owners thread

I just went into GSF with my chassis number and asked for a clutch switch it's a blue switch

looks a like this

clutchswitch.jpg

dont push it in or play with it before you install it, lol, thats the only thing i did that could make it not work properly.

Jamie mines on 122k too. I gave it an oil/filter change before it was mapped. I was really surprised mine was still pushing out 185bhp before the map considering the milage and wear and tear. Get it mapped mate, it will be like a new car :L

Thanks again dane I shall get one of those when I have the cash spare, I have been ill off work and so has the other half so moneys a bit tight for a couple of weeks but I will purchase one of those as soon as I can. And no I won't fiddle with it lol, cheers for the heads up :L

sweet! whats the chances of that! lol what was the cost for you map if you dont mind me asking?
:)

Jamie mines on 122k too. I gave it an oil/filter change before it was mapped. I was really surprised mine was still pushing out 185bhp before the map considering the milage and wear and tear. Get it mapped mate, it will be like a new car :L

Thanks again dane I shall get one of those when I have the cash spare, I have been ill off work and so has the other half so moneys a bit tight for a couple of weeks but I will purchase one of those as soon as I can. And no I won't fiddle with it lol, cheers for the heads up :L

No worries! the switch is only about a tenner aswell

It's a very common problem, usually put down to a malfunctioning clutch switch.

mine used to over rev by c. 800 rpm on a gear change. I replaced the clutch switch and it now only over revs by c.100 rpm. Not perfect but alot better.

Would be nice to track that down and actually fix it wouldn't it. Bit of a head scratcher that one....

Mine's only done 78k, so that gives me hope that not many of my horses have escaped!

Not too fussed about whether the cars clean or not, it's just nice to see another one on here! Would either of you be interested in the downpipe group buy that we'll be having in a couple of months?

I know yeah :) I think it's because they are not unlocked to there full power without the map, that preserves the the standard BHP imo, a 122k motor with 210bhp from standard would be down on power I think.

Cost £200 at R-Tech to have a stage 1 map and a very good service too, if there is something wrong with your car he won't map it which is a good thing.

Would be nice to track that down and actually fix it wouldn't it. Bit of a head scratcher that one....

Im kinda hoping it was because I played with it, pushed it in and out etc. before installing it.

But the first one I tryed made no difference, so I brought another one - which made no difference. So I took one apart put it back together and it worked way better but didnt cure it.

No worries! the switch is only about a tenner aswell

I just called gsf and gave a description of what i needed, he started going on about is it the cluch or master cylinder then said the part you need cost £44+ vat... any idea what the part number is? If only a tenner I'll go and get one today.

Mine's only done 78k, so that gives me hope that not many of my horses have escaped!

Not too fussed about whether the cars clean or not, it's just nice to see another one on here! Would either of you be interested in the downpipe group buy that we'll be having in a couple of months?

Yours should be sweet mate with that milage. I'll take a quick snap of it then and post it up :)

Deffo be up for a down pipe mate :D

Cool! They are really hard to come by, so if we could get a few of us, it'd hopefully bring the price down. Plus, I'd like to get that done before I go hybrid turbo, which is the long term plan :jump:

I just called gsf and gave a description of what i needed, he started going on about is it the cluch or master cylinder then said the part you need cost £44+ vat... any idea what the part number is? If only a tenner I'll go and get one today.

Sorry dude no idea on part number, theres lots of threads on it there might be one in there.

It was definately £10-11 it goes in front of the clutch pedal inside the car

What age is the car?

Cool! They are really hard to come by, so if we could get a few of us, it'd hopefully bring the price down. Plus, I'd like to get that done before I go hybrid turbo, which is the long term plan :jump:

I know yeah I have looked for downpipes for mine just to get an idea on cost but can't find them on the bay, maybe looking in the wrong places but modding these motors is all new to me so. I will be going hyrbrid too when the cash allows so the downpipe will still fit as the turbo housing stays the same but that will be a while away yet before I get it done but it will be done!!!

i will be down for group buy except i will be getting the full system at the same time so meh.

got a bit of holograming going on with the paint there newt or is it a bad pic.

What is the standard inch of the tqs exhaust? I read that a 2.5 inch is more than enough for flow on our cars, if this is the case then a s3 exhaust will fit? if it does fit then I will buy one from a breaker, can't see the point of spending hundreds on a stainless steel one as it's not seen under the car.

Bad picture Paul, my photography skills are not the best.

200? wow thats cheap! im going to look into that for sure. isit live or generic map? :)

sweet! was going to say i will call them monday. im confused with my days as i have today off work so i feel like its saturday! lol its quite a way for me. but would rather see it on the rollers! how does it feel after the map? subtle difference or huge difference?

After a map there is a massive difference, I'd say it's by far the best mod you can do in terms of: change to car vs $$$ spent

newt regarding the s3 exhaust you would have to change one of the hangers as the s3 exhaust will need one of the hangers to face the opposite way im sure it the one for the backbox on the drivers side.

Stainless is the way to go! Come with a warranty/guarantee, and can be customised depending on how loud you want them.

Standard piping on the tqs is 2.25 inches. So even a 2.5" downpipe is a massive improvement. Newt - loving the black paint, looks identical to mine mate :)

Hey guys been away so late replying as usual.

Jamie it make a mahoosive difference, it's like it has twice the power now, no joke!!! Get it done mate you won't regret it :D

Cheers for the info paul, I'm tighter than a submarines porthole hence wanting to use the S3 exhaust lol... can pick up full standard s3 exhuasts for around £30 secondhand off the bay, but thinking about long term it won't last so I will end up getting a custom one when I can afford it.

Cheers Zeus... How hard are they to keep clean though lol, peeps in the street must think I am mad how much I wash it, but if they are not kept clean they look well crap so gotta be done.

Cheers lads.

Oh I brought a new maf on monday as mine was ******... Car runs really smooth now with no lag or dumping boost, it's like a new car again. I though after the map it was awesome but man it's even better now :D Just got my Bosh super 4's to put in then it's had a full service. Happy days!!!

Mine went today! So Im offically out of the TQS owners thread!

OK the TQS owners.... who's running a 3" downpipe, and where did you get it from?

Nope, sorry mate. I think one of the boys does, but It's on my to do list.. Why, what did you want to know?

Finally fitted this today

IMAG0242.jpg

it's been sat in the garage for almost 3 years lol, dunno why i didn't do it earlier as i'm chuffed with the results

you can see how restrictive the standard one is

IMAG0245.jpg

IMAG0243.jpg

whilst i was at it i also ditched this little lot

IMAG0252.jpg

also smoothed out and drilled the the airbox to aid the K&N panel filter

Happy days , the car pulls a lot harder and is much more willing to rev :)

its the N249 valve that he's binned :)

anyone have a picture of a standard cat on a TQS? or know where sells decat pipes? cheers

standard cat on the tqs is the same as the s3 twin cat

standard cat on the tqs is the same as the s3 twin cat

It's true that the design is the same as the S3 with twin cats in the same place but you can't fit an S3 cat onto a TQS downpipe as the triangular flanges are in a different orientation ... i know this as i have the downpipe and cats off a BAM engined S3 sat in the garage , remains from fitting the S3 system to my car..... i've kept them though should i ever decide to do a K04 conversion

custom is the only route for the tqs regarding downpipe unless fitting the k04 pita i will be going mig for my exhaust reesyboy and quattro1 are up for the group buy