The TQS Owners thread

i do like i will be putting mine tip elsewhere its a secret as no one i have seen has it done on ere :eyebrows:

I think 240 is asking a lot of the k03s lol my radiator doesn't like 230 as it is, always pops on after a drive... :)

do you have a fmic this will keep the engine cooler.

tail lights chris?

what do you mean your radiator doesnt like the power you have? a ko3s should no way over heat your coolant, something else must be wrong if thats the case

well one of my radius wheels got a nasty buckle and it was doing my head in! so i popped these bad boys on for now! drug dealer's motor or what :hi:

2f6d114b.jpg

1b008dd2.jpg

79d30b0a.jpg

0aed983b.jpg

oh, and smashed yet another sump :) luckily now these wheels are on its got a fair bit more clearance!

ill txt u about getting these wheels off you chris!! need to find a time when were both free!! lol

We're looking at the spoiler mate. Yes it is a genuine S3 spoiler.

I got it from a bloke off of here, as well as my ABT grill, about 2 months ago, but have only just got around to getting it sprayed and fitted.

Got a cat back system on it, thats why I'm interested in the downpipe mate.

Ste - I'm free tomorrow evening if that's any good to you mate?

Last edited:
mk3 golf vr6 stripped out will be fun to drive along with a corrardo

Hey guys thought I would pop my rr results in here as it's a Quattro.

Only has a pipercross panel filter and forge 007p on it.

DSCF3242.jpg

Take it easy.

Hey guys thought I would pop my rr results in here as it's a Quattro.

Only has a pipercross panel filter and forge 007p on it.

DSCF3242.jpg

Take it easy.

They are good results for only a few mods and a map.

I've got to ask, are R-Tech as good as every one says they are? I'm tempted to tie in a trip there with seeing a round of BSB and some point this year.

I really need to get mine on a dyno to try and give me a vague figure, as I have an idea of I'd like mine to be, but no clue what it actually is..

Last edited:
I am very pleased with the results... for now. Got the suspention to sort next then when that is done the brakes then more power :D

They seem to be, always very busy with lots of cars there having work done and from the reports on here most come away with a smile on their face so. Well worth the £200 for the stage one map, and if you have a r-tech map already and have more mapping done you get upto £150 off the next map so pretty good really.

Check the feedback on the website... R-Tech feedback, R-Tech remapping

I'd Just take it to any dyno for now, it don't cost much just for a power run :L at least you will know what it's doing then.

yea, Rtech really are as good as people make out, they're simply brilliant!

Is yours a ko3 or ko3S Reesy? if it's a ko3 it'll be around 195bhp, if it's a ko3S it'll probably be about 205-210 on CC1 with those mods

Mine is a K03s mate, might see about getting on a Dyno in the next couple of weeks to get a figure. You've got a K03s in your A3 haven't you Nick?

yeah id hope mine to be around that sort of area aswell!

sorry i didnt replyy to your txt mate, had one of them days at work today!! are you free over the weekend at all or monday/tuesday afternoons?? :keule:lol

I'm not sure mate, I normally do more hours over the weekend, unfortunately!

How did the 1.6 get on in it's MOT? And yes, your 1.8 does look like a drug dealers motor :lmfao:

pimp wagon yo! lol

havent managed to mot it yet, still trying to track down the cause of a really annoying misfire problem :(

give me a shout if your free sat night, sun, mon/tue after 12! lol :) i reckon we should have a cheeky 0-60 comparison when we meet up lol :)

0-1** would be better for me I reckon, or a decibel test at 80!!!

I'll see what I can do mate, are they the only days you're free?

Have you checked the coilpacks/plugs? Is the 1.6 wheel-less at the moment then?

0-naughty it is then! :)

well im free most evenings but sunday and after 12 on mon and tue is the only times im not working :(

yeah ive bought a set of ht leads and plugs, fitted the new ht leads but hasnt made much of a difference, just waiting for the new plugs to arrive :( lol and nah its got my old wheels on it, looks like a 4x4!

I'll see what I can do anyway mate.. When are you fitting the big turbo to your tqs?

K03 not k03s I'd imagine. Preface were K03 if my memory is right..

turbos going on in a few weeeks :)

hmm yeh thats weird, even the k03 version were 180 standard? they gave the quattro 30 more bhp to compensate for being a heavy biatch

I'm confused. TheNewt, mate, how did your RR start off at 150bhp, since the Quattro has 180bhp as standard...?

It didnt, look again.

it started off at 185, and ended up at 210.

the first figure is power at the wheels, the figure in brackets is power at the flywheel.

The Rtech dyno plot above is of a ko3S car

I don't know about your cars but mine car suffers with "throttle hang" where the revs stay high while changing gear. But only when driving quick... any idea's?

clutch switch I have it on mine

Any pics of your quattro yet mate? And anything else done to it apart from the 007p, belt change and map?

No idea about the throttle hang, if it happens on ours it must happen on S3's as well..

It's a very common problem, usually put down to a malfunctioning clutch switch.

mine used to over rev by c. 800 rpm on a gear change. I replaced the clutch switch and it now only over revs by c.100 rpm. Not perfect but alot better.

Sorry dude no pics yet, I did get round to half detailing it a week ago using clay bar then autoglym super resin polish but never had the time to wax it so thats still has to be done. Still has a scratches that I need to try and get out too, think i'll try that Mcgiures scratch x stuff.I'll give it a wash in a bit and get some pics up.

The only mods are the 007p, pipercross panel filter and the map.

The throttle hang does my nut in lol, sounds stupid while changing gear and the revs are still high :(

Thanks Dane... I shall look into replacing the switch then,hopefully it will cure it :L

Whats the proper name for that part?

hmmm 210 bhp from simple mods! nice! mines done 122k so not sure if i would even make close to 180 standard lol