Temp sender. OEM or None OEM.........

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Hi gents.

As some may know, im having trouble with the temp gauge on the s3, it wont get up to temp properly.

Now at christmas time i fitted what i believed to be a genuine oem temp sender (bought it off a memeber on here well over 12 months ago but never fitted).
I only changed the temp sender as it was showing a fault code, changed it over and as soon as i did the car wouldnt get upto temp.
Was told either the stat was knackered and the faulty temp sender had just been hiding it or the actual temp sender was knackered.
So changed the stat, guess what, still doesnt get upto temp.

So, im going to change the sender again, now they cost well over £30 from the dealers which is a rip off, but ive seen this:
AUDI COOLANT TEMP TEMPERATURE SENSOR A2 A3 A4 A6 A8 New on eBay (end time 17-Apr-11 00:33:37 BST)
Had a chat with the seller and says the senders he sell's, the one above comes with a 12 month warranty so what you lot think?

I bought one from ebay and it failed after 6 months or so, bought oem and had no issues since.

I bought one off ebay for my wifes car about 12 months ago, i think it was £12, no problems at all. I bought one for my car recently from Audi for £30 i think it was.

Both Green ones.

DC

Balls finesse lol, i didnt want to buy twice lol. So oem then?