the wifes nicked the S3

ianmack

Reaction score
i had a new driver's side fron windscreen fitted by AutoGlass/ AutoWindscreens last week and the glass they replaced it with was exactly the same thinkness and size.

The only thing i would add is make sure that you insist ABSOLUTELY that the fitter has done a car the same as yours before. IF he/she is not available at the time you want thew window done I Would wait till he is. I did this and they ended up sending someone with a bit more experience, who had the job done quickly and efficiently.

I suppose me standing over his shoulder helped just a bit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile2.gif

well just come home off the night shift and the steepest hills have not been gritted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif but thats not the worst the wife has taken the S3 back on these roads to her work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif just waiting for the phone call in the next hour to say shes made it ok. at this moment in time i feel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif.

oh my god ,you are insane. hope you have some winter wheels on, woman driver+snow+powerfull car/ = scuffed alloys or worse, sweet dreams fingerupbumb

what car does she normaly drive fingersmell?.if she is used to a similar powered car you are probable gonna be ok. but if she is used to a little shoping trolley with a hairdryer for an engine ,then expect a phone call

Fingermoose,

I let my wife take my S3 last time it snowed. Ever since then it has pulled badly to the left - she says she didn't hit anything, but the garage said the wishbone is bent and possibly some other parts as well.

I think the problem is that although 4wd helps to get up the hills etc, it's no use at all when you try to stop. I think the best bet is front-wheel drive for the snow - as far as safety for her getting to work - the traction is about the same when trying to go as to stop, so you don't get a false feeling of security (?).

Your wife still has to get home too, so even if she got to work ok, she'll more than likely do a lot of damage on the way home.

If she wrecks it for you I'd be interested in buying a centre console - assuming it survives the inevitable accident - as mine has a small crack in it (thanks in advance!).

Have you thought about what you'll buy next?. Something in a lower insurance group I expect once your premium has gone through the roof?

Anyway, Good luck with the repairs!

Bent.

[ QUOTE ]
S3Bent said:
Your wife still has to get home too, so even if she got to work ok, she'll more than likely do a lot of damage on the way home.
Bent.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with s3bender. your wife will have had all day to worry about the dangerous drive home in the snow. her confidence will be low and she will be very nervous, couple this with the other idiots on the tea time rush home, and wham bam thankyou mam, good luck fondlemouse

[ QUOTE ]
S3Bent said:
Fingermoose,

I let my wife take my S3 last time it snowed. Ever since then it has pulled badly to the left - she says she didn't hit anything, but the garage said the wishbone is bent and possibly some other parts as well.

I think the problem is that although 4wd helps to get up the hills etc, it's no use at all when you try to stop. I think the best bet is front-wheel drive for the snow - as far as safety for her getting to work - the traction is about the same when trying to go as to stop, so you don't get a false feeling of security (?).

If she wrecks it for you I'd be interested in buying a centre console - assuming it survives the inevitable accident - as mine has a small crack in it (thanks in advance!).

Have you thought about what you'll buy next?. Something in a lower insurance group I expect once your premium has gone through the roof?

Anyway, Good luck with the repairs!

Bent.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

yes your right, very sorry only meant in jest. hope she is alright.you can always get another car

lol, see how everyone wants 2 see if the car is ok, not the wife

hope both r ok /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

she made it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif and the roads are clear now so she won`t have a problem getting home. Shes used to the mighty power of a Ford Ka /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif but she always drives the S3 well. Her car looked like a frozen snowcar this morning and her front tyres are getting down so I`d rather risk my car and have her safe than struggling in hers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif lol. Oh well now i`ve slept and i know my car is ok everything seems better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

hey fingerbum ,happy to see she got back ok, blow the cobwebs out of your wallet and get some tyres for that rollerskate of hers, before theres anymore snow, dont risk it again