Rear Brake Calipers

DaveA3

Audi A-Trizzle!
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

one of my rear calipers are seized. its been greased etc but it has seized again after a week or so.

Anyone got a replacement laying around? for a A3 1.8T

what size discs are they for? and what other cars are they on?

cheers lads

The rear disc size is 232mm, the calipers are the same on mk4 golfs and skoda octavias,2WD models.

thanks ill see what i can find. i take it its ok to replace one caliper? dont see why not?

I replaced just one on my rears on my old A3 1.8T with a new genuine one and got a new seal kit and replaced the other side just to make sure it was good. all worked fine for me.

My replacement was a real ball ache, the rear n/s brake pipe spilled all the brake fluid over night, that was an easy fix but when trying to bleed the system the o/s rear bleed screw snapped so in the end had to replace the o/s caliper and refurbished the n/s caliper all because of a poxy bleed screw snapping.

You may already have checked but from my experience would recommend you check all your bleed screws are working before you take things apart, also recommend you check the washer between the caliper and brake hose as these are common failure as they are just an aluminium washer that corrodes easily over the years.

If you need a seal kit for 1x caliper let me know as I have one I have no use for if you want it for the cost of P&P