How fast have you had your 1.8T?

About 147mph on the clock, obviously on a private runway too......

Had a little play with a new Golf R on the way back from work the other day, caught me out, quick little thing!!!

It wasn't hugely clear, so we made a few assumptions :p

Our satnav showed the speed limit for all the roads we were on, then sometimes, it'd show no speed limit at all on stretches of the autobahn, these areas of no limit displayed on the satnav also tied in nicely with speed limit signs with a big red line through them too, so we thought it was fairly safe to assume no limit applied on those stretches.

Plus, at 160mph, who's going to catch you ;)

Me, Sportstractor, and audi1.8Tdan flew across germany at about 150mph most of the way, pretty awesome convoy really!

We definitely were assuming. Was a legendary convoy. Better be careful now though prawn... They are really cracking down on it and more power to fine and even prosecute. A friend of mine recently got done :(

Recently got myself a gsxr1000... Now the Audi feels like a slow jog in comparison.

I think the S3 Gearbox will max out at 175/80 this is based on 75mph being around 3k in 6th so 25mph per 1000 rpm 25x7= 175. Getting the S3 to that speed will be a different matter though due to aero dynamics, im not saying it cant be done but it wont be easy either.

it just takes power & revs

Been there done that and its scary as ****, not easy to sustain for any real length of time and unless the roads very straight you will come a cropper very fast, if I wanted to go very fast for any length of time I'd do it in the car not on the bike thats for sure. A bike sill stuff a car 0-150 which is far far far more fun than having a 20-30 mph advantage that you can exploit 1% ot the time

it was 3 bikes vs ibiza, from a roundabout onwards.......... I backed off when I realised I went for 7th gear (which I clearly dont have) after hitting the rev limiter in 6th... 8200rpm in 6th, was muchos speedo.... and the bikes did not keep up - fact.

In my old S8, on way from Germany to Holland to watch a euro round of rallycross, we got onto a de-restricted autobahn, and I cruised up to an indicated 165mph-170mph (past the 155 anyhows) and thought this is cool... effortless, quiet, speed, than I got flashed by a porsche which was on re-heat, and passed me like I was parked! Unbelievable.. and I thought I was going fast (pretty much near flat out I think) and this 911 thing went by like I was stood still. Will never forget that.. amazing!

i thought that look more like the handbrake light cheers bill for pointing that out im guessing it was best way to slow down :scared2:

What s8 do/did you have bill, big gas guzzler?

It was a 1998 32v 4.2v8
I have a 40v 4.2v8 S6 currently - 12mpg locally! woohoo... :cry:
Pictured just before I bought it
s6-3.jpg

Last edited:
....it was a back up shout so there was no chase involved...just drop everything and go job :)

142/3 and fiancee was asleep in the passengers seat.... totally standard 1.8ti quattro, shame she woke up otherwise i would hav kept giving it......

142/3 and fiancee was asleep in the passengers seat.... totally standard 1.8ti quattro, shame she woke up otherwise i would hav kept giving it......

lol its allways the case with gf/fiancee involved they complain when you are going to fast and also when they wanna get some where fast you going to slow grrr