Hints and tips for S3 ownership?

ianhg

Reaction score
Hey guys
Since i have never owned an s3 before and am very new to four wheel drive, i was wondering if anyone had any hints/tips for driving/caring for your s3?
cheers

hi ian
the major things for me are:-
1) Plenty of jealousy abound
2) People will try to race you everywhere
3) Idiots seemm to try todrive into you (never happened in my clio for 9years but has started happening now)
4) Its not true AWD - so when the front understeers the power goes to the back and then you can get wicked oversteer. Just be ready for it!! Caught me out first time. Do a search on haldex on this forum and read the discussions
5) Climate control is so good that i don't miss heated seats
6) Switch the windscreen wipers off before you switch the engine off - they don't seem to return to flat position on their own (Ala my 93 clio! - have audi missed a trick!!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
7) If you've been running hard, give the car a min before switching off the engine. I think there is an after-run motor, but from owning an RS Turbo back in the day i think all Turbo cars should be treated nicely in this way
8) You'll be going faster than you think at all times!

As for washing the car - there are some really good threads on here already - i haven't had the opportunity yet to try it out with the weather in Glasgow (snowing just now)

I hope to get some driving practise with some of the more experience ASN members next week and in the coming weeks on a test track or two. I don't fancy finding the limits of such a fast car on public roads! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Enjoy mate

cheers ian,
first thing i am doing is taking the car onto a private airfield and see what she can do. i dont like speeding on the roads.