Need help with oil cap problem

audi-tk

Reaction score
Hi need some help guys. Hard to explain but I'll get pic up tomorow morning. The part where oil goes into. (the cylinder shaped part) . Just noticed that my one pulls straight off with minimal effort and I've got a slight messy bay now due to oil getting out :(

What I want to know is this cylinder shaped item meant to screw into the top of engine as my one seems to have somthing missing as it's just a pin going through the middle that is loose?!

I know your probably thinking what you on about but I'll get pic in the morning. Where can I get this part from as well the breakers near mine ain't got one and what is exact name? Thanks

I've got a spare one. Pm me your address and email address and I'll pop it in the post if you cover the cost of postage

They are about a fiver from a dealer... mine went and I ordered one from my local dealer... don't have the part number to hand but its on the plastic bit somewhere...

Took my local dealer a few minutes to find it as they insisted it was part of the rocker cover and tried to sell me a new cover at over 70 quid IIRC... gave them the PN and they realised the mistake :)

<tuffty/>

Sigainey thankyou very much I'll pm you soon as just gonna go get a picture so you know what I'm fully on about. And Steve 3.50 where?

here is the pictures they are a bit big. but if you look under the cylinder shaped thing there nothing for it to screw into the rocker cver just pulls straigh off which aint right!

fz0xgx.jpg

30xh8cn.jpg

sorry. my bad. i thought you meant the oil cap was shot.

lol na mate its the bottom part of this body. nothing for it to screw into? silly thing :(

theres one on there for a tenner. search breather. looks similar.

looks like it pops in and twists to lock in place, but one of the metal prongs has bent.

The metal part just moves about I have to adjust it but I can turn the unit as it's joining onto the other pipe. Yes I see thT other 1 for 10pound. I sent a pm if it would fit 1998 a3 1.6 sport ;(