suspension order?

Ryanc

Reaction score
Hi ,
Going to be ordering my suspension upgrade stuff,blistein sprint dampers and h&r springs.Do i need to get the adjustable rear tie bars aswell so the car doesn't handle like a boat or will the springs and dampers do the trick before i move on to neuspeed arb's and adjustable tie bars?

You will need the adjustable ti bars for the rear so that it dooesnt look like the suspension has collapsed. i;d do it the same time as the springs and shocks.

Rich

Ok,guys looks like i need those tie bars aswell,I want to keep using the standard 17" avus alloys,is that a problem?

[ QUOTE ]
Ryanc said:
Ok,guys looks like i need those tie bars aswell,I want to keep using the standard 17" avus alloys,is that a problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Ryan, from what I've been reading for the last few days, you are going for the Brembo's as your brake upgrade and retaining the standard wheels for the caliper clearance. Your choice of spring and damper combination also suggests that you are going for the 'Ess_Three' geometry setup for optimum handling. However, I remember that Glen(Ess_Three) had to fit the 17" Avus wheels back onto his car(no longer his of course) for his 18" BBS wheels to be refurbed, and he was not happy with the handling at all, so his suspension settings were only suited to 18" rims. My apologies if I'm talking out of my ar5e. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Glen's ill handling on 17s while his 18s were being refurbished was possibly due to his custom (non-standard) geometry settings.

Setting your alignment to Audi factory spec after lowering and fitting tie bars is more than acceptable for most poeple. I would only recommend experimenting with geometry settings if you know fully what the pros and cons of doing so - not because you read it on a web forum.

I'll get them to dial in the standard settings and see how i fare.Where's glen when you need him?(probably playing with his porsche)Yes brembo's and suspension hopefully should be a sharper car when it's all done.