haldex issues on dyno?? :(

Rob_B

Reaction score
Hi chaps,
I was at a dyno day today, my s3 was attemping a run however the haldex was playing havoc with the dyno and the car just couldnt run up...i was just wondering if anyone else had similar experiances and what is the way to solve it?

can you simply full the haldex fuse out to leave it front wheel drive?? can you use a vagcom to switch the car into perminent 4wd??

any help appreciated :)

regards
rob

simple as that...doh! lol..cheers mate

will go back to the dyno and do that :)

nice one welly, is it found in the fuse panel on the side of the dash or is it under the bonnet somewhere

In the side of the dash mate, top of the middle column on the bank of 3 columns.

Just look at the fuse map on the cover.

will it do any damage taking the fuse out? sorry if its a stupid question

will it do any damage taking the fuse out? sorry if its a stupid question

It can do but we all do it before Dyno's just remember to put it back after

for short power runs, its ok.
sustained running however I would'nt advise - it will get hot with the prop moving and the clutch pack not.
Usual dyno runs for power check are short and not sustained like when mapping cars -

and diont forget a warning light will come on after you have put it back in and driven off for a little bit but will clear itself

oh right thanks guys, I put mine on the dyno on the weekend with the fuse in it was ok, but the graph had a horrible power line instead of a nice smooth curve it was all over the place up + down would this be to do with the fuse being in? just trying to get to the bottom of this problem

the esp was turned off, is that what you mean?

nope.. not what I meant.
esp not haldex isolation.. handbrake on would(should) prevent rears working but its not the same as disabling the thing by removing fuse.

Did the car go onto a 2wd or 4wd dyno?
only front wheels turned yea?

Get it on a 4wd dyno. I went on a Dyno Dynamics 4wd rolling road the other day and it ran in 4wd with no problems.

These are my graphs Rob with Haldex issues
598f3c03.jpg
.... Undynoable next time round... For whatever reason which I couldn't even begin to explain lol