Long time/Bit of a warning.....

Sanj

Blue Beast
Reaction score
Hi all,

So its been a long time since i have posted on here.....
Had a Vibration problem on my car for for a while now.
It would vibrate going over 70mph, havent really driven the car much, and because of this very annoying problem sort of fell out of love with the car.

So my mechanic and i spent 8 hours yesterday doing road tests, waiting around, swapping the wheels from front to back, putting new wheels on etc.....
I had goodyear eagle f1's, made in china, apparently alot of chatter in forums suggests this can cause the vibration. As we were about to swap the tyres, lone behold, about half a cup of water in each tyre!
Apprently when filling in Air in petrol stations, if they dont clean the compressor it can blow water and air.... hence why it was in all four tyres.....:uhm:
If this is true, most of you prob already do, use the pressure on the floor first before filling your tyres!
Any how, moral of the story, car drives brilliant again, smooth how it was, tomorrow going to book my rTech remap.... happy days!:thumbsup:

Sanj

use the pressure on the floor first before filling your tyres!

at least your gunna be doing that everytime now :p

most importantly you got it sorted :)

Reactions: Sanj
Cheers guys, just glad to get it back to normal! hate it when there's one niggling problem with the car.

Wow how on earth did you find that problem. Glad you found out the problem!

Your better going to kwik fit and getting them to put nitrogen in the tyres. it does't have any water in it plus the nitrogen molecules are larger than oxygen molecules. therefore it takes longer for the air to naturally escape from your tyre. "not if you have a puncher".

There is also a lower risk of a blow out as nitrogen does't get hot and expand like oxygen.

Reactions: Sanj
WOW Sanj!!!

After all this time, thats all it was!!

Glad you got it sorted mate, hope to see you on here a bit more regularly now ;)

Nilz I know..... been too long, i was shocked! felt sorry for my mechanic doing all that and then finding out its just water!

LOL....ahh well, at least it was a simple fix hey...

Let me know how you get on with your remap dude...