OH CRAP!!!

A3tell

Reaction score
why.............. finally got booked into r-tech, and the damn car broke down!!!!
looks like a corroded water pipe let go, and blew a hole in it! and it happens to be one of the metal pipes that go into the block!!!!!! so have now got to run around to try and get it sorted before my r-tech appointment!!! am guessing its not going to be a cheap or easy fix???
dont suppose anyone has any knowledge of part numbers for the water pipe that runs under the inlet manni near the the thermostat housing????

thats unfortunate mate :(
how long u got until your meant to be at r-tech..
at least it didn't happen on the way to r-tech

Hard luck, if you go to your local Audi they can bring up a diagram from which you can identify the pipe. Yeah it aint going to be cheap!!

DC

The hard pipe that runs across the front of the block?
Whats your engine code?

mine cracked due to rust too mate, I just cut out the rusty section, and replaced it with 4'' of silicon hose.

Much quicker, and MUCH cheaper than replacing the whole pipe, and it'll get you to your appt.

I think when I looked into the pipe from audi it was around £100!

Probably this one then, but double check with Audi as won't be cheap! Or use a breaker.

agu.png

thanks!! did you have to remove the pipe?? was it easy?? didi you have to take anything off to get to it???