Decided to buy 18s, what offset would be ok.

DenCar

Reaction score
Decided to buy 18s, what offset would be ok, will be running on 225/40/18 tyres. Car is lowered about 40mm on colies.

DC.

et40 is best.

i have et35 with 5mm spacers on front and 10mm on rear making it et40 and et45.

this is 8J wide. same tyres. without the 5mm spacers up front the wheels would rub coilovers.

have a look at my pics to get an idea

any excuse to picture whore..

IMG_20110321_072535.jpg

IMG_20110321_072553.jpg

ET35 with 5mm spacers would make it ET30 , ET35 with 10mm spacers would make it ET25

You minus the offset as you add spacers :)

You minus the offset as you add spacers

sorry blonde moment on my part! in that case get et35, i actually have et40 making them et35 and et30 with my spacers. not sure why i said i had et35 :) i'm going 20mm rear spacers and 10mm front when funds allow

not sure what i was banging on about earlier. der!

Thanks Steve & Sandip, yeah rims will be 18 X 8. so will go for ET 35, or if a bigger offset I could use spacers to reduce and keep off the collies. I think iv got that planted in my head now lol. Always had me confused ET/Offset etc.

DC

Most common offsets for aftermarket wheels is ET35 but if you can look for a lower offset to clear the coils, if not then a set of spacers will sort that issue out.

I'll be posting some pics and info on my current setup tomorrow.

Id aim for 30 for good clearance​

as a side note my fronts work out at et35 and hit the arch so if you go low and want say et30 you'll need to roll the arches i reckon. the rim/tyre is maybe 3-5mm from the coilover adjusters on mine, so pretty damn close!

Thanks to all for your input, will have to think about this one, probably no probs clearing the coils, but dont fancy having to roll the arches.

Will try for ET 35 and see how it goes.

DC

Thanks to all for your input, will have to think about this one, probably no probs clearing the coils, but dont fancy having to roll the arches.

Will try for ET 35 and see how it goes.

DC

If you fit 205/40/18 tyres You will not have any rubbing issues, even with spacers.