S3 rear calipers

s3dave

TFSI Hybrid
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.stainless-engineering.co.uk
anybody selling a servicable pair or know of a source, had mine off today and they are siezed solid,
no turning/pushing of the piston, rock fooking solid.....
the thing that puzzles me is the discs are not rusty so they must be some tiny movement in the pads,
when i jack the car up, out of gear, handbrake off, the wheels only just turn by hand, no wonder im going through juice....lol
Looked on ebay and may have to buy new @ £140 each

These guys are good on price and nice to deal with. Calipers are OE, Lucas I think.

Last edited:
Buy a repair kit, easy to repair and will be better than any secondhand ones you find. Oh and cheaper

Just done the seals on mine last month, they were also sticking really bad and wound't budge at first, I then noticed the pistons didn't seem to be sitting square in the caliper so i tapped them straight with my little hammer then blew the pistons out with compressed air, once they were out I simply gave them a ****** good clean, whacked on the new seals and put them back together, they went in and wound back really easy, about £15 all in for the seal kit and a bit of elbow grease, well worth the effort.

I wouldnt mind changing the serviceable parts on all my brake.

I had one of my rears changed before and cost £90 new.

Cheers lads, may buy a used set and service them with new seals, i cant have down time with my car so need something to swap straightover,
just got outbidded on your link jo, thanks...