creaking noises

scotty_24

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 51 plate S3 which has some creaking and groaning issues.

when coming to a stop and braking lightly, i can hear a "errrrrr eeee errrrrrrr eeeeee" noise which sounds rotational coming from the passenger side front.

Also, when going over speed bumps I get a creaking from the rear, which makes the same noise as a parcel shelf jumping around in the back. I took my parcel shelf out to make sure it want that!

The noises have got my head done in, please help!

Cheers

you just need to grease/oil your arb bushes, drop links & suspension

Hmmm ...

I wonder if this is down to the weather as I've been having the same problems and doing a bit of searching showed up a lot of recent threads from people having the same issue.

I found this:

http://www.wak-tt.com/antiroll/antiroll.htm

I know it for a tt but the principle is still the same.

I went to halfords and it seems they have stopped selling the “nylon/rubber lube” so i had to buy this:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_219033_langId_-1_categoryId_165705

I think its the same thing only re packaged.

Ill let you know how i get on ;)

i get this only going round left corners and going down bumps slowly just booked car for new suspension as i h8 the s3 suspenion not stiff enough will give the grease a go and hopefully will last till 11th june till get full ap coilovers, new tie arms and full bearings and top mounts all round.

Anythings worth a try, if it is the ARB bushes Is it worth getting powerflex ones?

yeh as standard ones will go again eventually the powerflex ones will last a lifetime

same problem here, changed all my bushes about 6 months ago so I think the weather over Christmas might have done some damage!? Got some of that original silicone spray somewhere gonna give that a shot.

found my problem rear drop link has gone jacked car up and it was waving at me saying help me so gonna tie wrap it in place for now

I sprayed all my bushes and still got a creaking noise over bumps. All droplinks look ok, what else could it be?

Is everyone using the halfords silicone grease i posted up?

I've not had time to do mine yet but i think when i do ill use the straw that come with wd40, to really get in there....lol

Ill let you know how i get on ;)