JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
    The stigs ugly brother

Status

Clutch conversion a big YES :) a3 1.8t

hi all i posted a thread asking if anyone knew the quality of the clutch conversion from carspares but no one replyd lol but went ahead anyway and yes im chuffed to bits, the response threw the wheels is imediate.... Cant wait to get my remap now. To all who own a 1.8t with a five speed gearbox....get this conversion... Ł300 supplied and fitted and well bloody worth it... Hope this cheesy grin i got wears off soon lol

Reply if youve done this and are as happy as me or dont upto you!lol

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I did make a reply to your thread, but it never went up, guess I got caught up in the busy server, but good stuff it fits!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - ÂŁ400

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    Thats a bloody bargain mate.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

The stigs ugly brother

Status
    Ok dude thanks for watever you said lol yeh it fits i thought it may not tbf as i said about the label saying tdi. Any ideas to more power from a remap as iv got a stronger clutch?

The stigs ugly brother

Status
    Yeh i got the clutch conversion trade, came to Ł153 +vat (20% robbing ****s) so Ł184 nd Ł120 to fit as its a freinds garage.

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    which conversion kit is it mate? THe single mass flywheel setup from eurocarparts? if so, I've heard good things about it.

I'm running something similar on my track car, got an ABF single mass flywheel, lightened from 10kg down to 6kg, running a VR6 clutch, and it's incredible!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

The stigs ugly brother

Status
    Its the single mass flywheel mate, much cheaper than the original replacement so well worth it if your clutch has come to the end of its life as mine did lol i got it from carspares because europarts was Ł30 more and Gsf Ł25 more. I think its basically a G60 flywheel with a vr6 clutch. Balanced on the flywheel in one peice, my old one had big chunks missin

Neutral

Status
    hi ive recently done this conversion on my a3, Ł330 all in all, not too bad atall :D However i have a constanst sqweak/grinding noise atm, not really bad but im hoping it will go away, any one else experianced this when first installing this setup?

The stigs ugly brother

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan360 View Post
    hi ive recently done this conversion on my a3, �330 all in all, not too bad atall :D However i have a constanst sqweak/grinding noise atm, not really bad but im hoping it will go away, any one else experianced this when first installing this setup?
    . Hi mate, nah iv had no problem with my conversion. Does it still make the noise when you put the clutch down? If no then its just a noisy thrust bearing, if it dont go away then id have a brown moment lol i dont mean to worry you but i had an a3 1.8t a few years ago that had a mad noise and sadley the gearbox was nakerd. Lets hope urs is ok.

Smell my finger.

Status
    My clutch has started to slip under full power in 3rd... only slightly but it needs doing now.

I'm looking at sacking off the DM fly wheel and going with the single mass conversion.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

The stigs ugly brother

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Tom View Post
    My clutch has started to slip under full power in 3rd... only slightly but it needs doing now.

I'm looking at sacking off the DM fly wheel and going with the single mass conversion.
    Do it mate, the singlel mass conversion is cheaper than just a dual mass and loads better.

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    The only thing i dont like about these "conversion" kits, is the clutch itself isnt a standard part. Meaning you may or may not be able to get just the clutch in future once it needs replaced.

The G60/VR6 conversion is better in that everything is standard off the shelf parts.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC ÂŁ999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Smell my finger.

Status
    I'd have gone the VR6 route anyway I think. Any ideas on cost fitted?... I need to save some pennies!
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

The stigs ugly brother

Status
    Ok so the singal mass is a single peice mounted to the flywheel and balanced, its all one peice, the whole setup was cheaper than just the dualmass clutch on its own from car spares, and its basically a vr6 clutch and a g60 flywheel, my box said golf tdi and worked a treat

Smell my finger.

Status

The stigs ugly brother

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Tom View Post
    i got mine from carspares for about ÂŁ140, looked diffrent to that as it was all stuck together.

All Torque

Status
    my clutch is on its way out also, im gettin no power down in first or second. sorry im not too clued up just want to get it straight.

i have a audi 1.8t (98) so currently it has a dual mass flywheel? and if i gunna replace the clutch its best to replace the flywheel at the same time? also i read about (above) converting to a g60 flywheel and vr6 clutch, or gettin a single mass flywheel. is this the same thing or something completely different? last thing is is hard to DIY or is it best to let a garage sort it out?

if anyone can answer greatly appreciated. im not the best with cars, but i wanna learn
    Current :: 17" S3 Avus Alloys w/ Falken 412's, 1.8T, Direct cold induction, Custom S/S cat back exhaust, forge 007p, RTEC remap, Facelift light Upgrade

192 BHP 200ft/lb Torque

The stigs ugly brother

Status
    Hi mate, the clutch conversion from carspares has been bang on so far, i got a mechanic to do the job as im also a novice, the hole conversion is all in one peice so i suppose with access to all the right tools and the know how it shouldnt be rocket science. Oh and vr6 clutch and g60 fly is basically the same as the carspares kit, except my box said golf gttdi lol hope this helps.

Neutral

Status
    Link for one from carspares?
    '98 Audi A3 (8L) 1.8T Yellow
    K03s turbo - Forge 007p - AMD remap - Milltek exhaust - Eibach springs - 18" TT Quattro Sport alloys
    VAG-COM says 176.18 g/s (220bhp)

The stigs ugly brother

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcyy View Post
    Link for one from carspares?
    Replying from my phone, but when im on the laptop ill try and get the link dude. The whole kit is cheaper than just the dual mass clutch alone.