Changing rear light bulbs on A3/S3

hfu

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to do this themselves (on an A3 or S3)?

The rear brake light on my S3 (driver side) has bust, so I went to Halfords and bought some new bulbs which cost hardly anything.

However I had a good look at the bulb holder and its plastic casing and it doesn't look like a simple job to me!

Halfords even refused to fit it as well, despite normally offering a fitting service.

If its the same as an A3 then its quite simple. You just clip the plastic holder (youu should see the clips near the middle of the white casing) out of the lights and then replace the bulb and clip back in.... pretty simple!!

yeah its a peice of [censored] if u aint got the Bose amp or sub in the way! the bulbs fitting is the easy part, i had to work around the amp on the right side and took me a good 30 mins.

er, yes the bose amp IS in the way...

also how do you actually "unscrew" the bulbs out of the holder?

i think i unscrewed the mounting screw that you can see, i think there is only 1, then i think i unplugged the amp lead that i think is on the top side of the amp, this is the thing in the way, once you get this out the way, you unclip the bulb housing and manuvere it from the cluster using loads of patience. Its a pain in the a55 but you can do it, its just persistance.

the amp side is a lot harder than the sub side, ive gotta do mine 2 nite, the sub side failed yesterday coming back from york!