Whats the best front components to get that will fit in the door cards

wesser99

Reaction score
Hi there im looking at changing over the bose system in my sport so new amp speakers etc etc just wondered what are the best components to get due to the deph issues was seeing if there was any focal's that fitted
cheers

cheers mate have now done that but read so many different threads and my heads all over the place lol i know how to do full ice setups but never had or read something that seems so complicated with an existing ice i also wanna make it so i can put the bose system back in if i decide to sell the car

this is quite a handy thread

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/car-entertainment/109298-upgrading-speakers-a3-8l.html

and tims thread is a laugh...
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/car-en...aight-replace-speakers-8l-a3-s3-write-up.html

the only thing that complicates it is the standard system is a awkard impedance. I think its probably more effort than its worth removing speakers when you want to sell... probably best going for a more reasonably priced speaker. I went for blackair comps in the front and blackair 6x9 rears, both cost £140 IIRC and they give a great sound. And got my andy mac stealth sub finishes it off nicely... About 3 days work fitting it all though lol. Hence why i cant bring myself to sell my car

3 days thats quite along time for doing a speaker upgrade you have me thinking now, i can do a ice install in cars in generally a day if that to a high standard so hoping it shouldnt take that long just fed up now looking at components and realising there to deep

oh and i read tims thread have to admit did make me laugh poor car

3 days thats quite along time for doing a speaker upgrade you have me thinking now, i can do a ice install in cars in generally a day if that to a high standard so hoping it shouldnt take that long just fed up now looking at components and realising there to deep

you can only fit 5.25" units in the front, and the depth is limited to 50mm with 5mm spare for the adapter ring. That was a post Andy Mac sent me he is the master when it comes to the ICE department :salute:

yer getting the adapter rings ordered from andy mac is that 50mm plus 5mm with the adapter rings so 55mm in total just getting fed up with checking depth sizes and realising there to deep thinking some slimfit focals at 200 squid but still not sure

i made a thread all about a3 speakers when i was after some. **** loads of information on that thread.

It's about 60mm max for the speaker (front to back), if you use the ill fitting plastic adapters then you'll get about another 6mm, but the speakers will sound shyte!

no i will def be getting your speaker mounts andymac just got to get them ordered can i pay any otherway than paypal
cheers

Not really, just setup a PayPal account it only takes 2 minutes, or you must know someone who has one?

yer i do andymac will ask him tomorrow i have your paypal address from the email
oh and davea3 im sorry i must be stupid or blind but i cant find your thread on a3 speakers have searched but nothing any link at all

tufftybloke how do you find those focals am tempted with those or the next ones up as i have the utopias in my bmw and love them find focal top quality build and quality