Boost woes still :(

Turboman-a3

speed thrills
Reaction score
Gentlemen, Since fitting my ko3s I've lost boost wich has been covered in a previous thread wich was put down to the map being a ko3 not a ko3s but also it's developed A surging at full boost my boost gauge bounces between 10-12psi and you can hear it it's like a surging noise if that makes sense I don't think there's any leaks but couldn't be certian all help greatly appreciated cheers

could be the n75 mate, if i remember correctly when I fist put my k03s on with the k03 map, under full load the boost would surge, im pretty sure i replaced the n75 and it helped, make sure its not a H/J valve though!

Ah right damn so do u think it would still be dodgy after having it mapped to the ko3s?
I should of got an s3 and been done with it lol

Slightly off topic, to what your looking into, 3 things where my recent founds on my s3 but same things could apply to yours, boost leak on the hose from intake manifold to the oil brether pipe (large one) and the one way valve it's connected to can leak, thirdly I forgot to align my throatle body, and that has made a massive difference erratic boosts.

Is the hose a almost braided texture and becomes very brittle? Also how do u align my throttle body? Mate cheers

In vcds use engine management block 60 > switch to mean mass > and click to switch to mean block again. engine must be off. foot off the pedal. hoses are rubber and and plastic feel not braided. look into ross tech website for more info