APR Chip - What is this?

s8n

Reaction score
Website
allkris.com
An option is Throttle Body Alignment, what the hell is that?

Whats the word on APR with 165kw S3's?

195kw & 366NM looks healthy

I have the APR chip and use this function regularly (5-10 times a year). It is meant to calibrate the fly-by-wire throttle so it releans what max and min throttle is but it is generally accepted (including on the VAG-COM forum that it does more.

Have you ever noticed that when your car comes out of Audi it always seems a bit mroe repsonsive. Well I believe this is one of the reasons. It seems to reset the ECU to relearn your driving style. Therefore if you dod a realignment and then give it loads the car seems to have that extra edge.

I can't explain why or the techy details about it, just my experience which matches what I have heard from others.

Sounds like its handy to have

You have the 165kw VVTi engine in your TT?

How do you find the chip in any case?

I test drove AMD, Superchips, MTM and APR. I settled on APR due to the smooth power delivery. It's regularly been described as "like standard but with more of everything".

MTM I hated. Loads of surge but not a great rev range. I found the chip was trying to change the way I drove.

Superchips seems good value but I've heard stories which admittedly maybe just pub talk but I personally wasn't gonna risk it.

AMD seems to fit in as similar to APR but with a little bit of a bigger kick early on.

The APR functionality I think is brilliant. The security of having valet mode is nice to have and being able to return to stock mode for servicing etc is also great.

I have the option for a free change to Revo but I'm certainly in no rush to jump. I may, I may not, we'll see how things go.

As always I never recommend a chip. It always comes down to what fits in with what you want and how you drive.
My suggestion is to drive as many as possible and then choose.

We dont have SuperChips or AMD downunder..

MTM is crap because of the things you mentioned (torque surve, not good for turbos and also lack of rev range), and Oettinger is too expensive and has NO OPTIONS such as valet mode, security, TBA.

So really, its APR or nothing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

GIAC is in the same boat as Oettinger, although cheaper
Wett again, no options hence me looking into the APR

Local dealer should be able to do me the APR optioned for $2200 AUD.

We'll see how I go, know of any other S3/TT owners with APR that have had good/bad experiences?