Performance mod ideas please S3 8L

Agric04

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I'm looking for some ideas on improving the performance of my currently standard 2001 S3 AMK over the next year or so.

My main remit is improved power whilst not killing the fuel economy or preferably improving it! Is this even possible?

Any suggestions?

Yeah that's definitely on the list.

Will helping the car breath better by gas flowing bits n pieces, replacing old pipework for silicone stuff and fitting sports cats and exhaust help economy in any way or does it just allow the engine to happily drink more!

Just want to make sure I don't turn my 30mpg S3 into a 20mpg monster given the cost of fuel!

exhaust and air filter will help. silicone hoses won't as far as i am aware but will be more reliable and less likely to split. a badger 5 tip seems like a sound investment too.

to be fair any mod you do will make it more thirsty as far as i am aware, but a remap is only thirstier when you boot it.

someone with better knowledge about these engines needs to answer really, but i know that gas flowing on my rocco improved throttle response and bhp so one would assume it used more fuel? plus bench flowing anything costs a bomb!

as far as i can work out the standard starting order for these cars is...

jetex air filter
3 inch downpipe and cat back
fmic
badger 5 tip
remap

then it gets expensive with swapping turbos, bigger bore and stuff or stage 2 remap but not sure what that involves either...

jetex air filter
3 inch downpipe and cat back
fmic
badger 5 tip
remap

then it gets expensive with swapping turbos, bigger bore and stuff or stage 2 remap but not sure what that involves either...

TBH with those sort of mods I'm pretty sure you would go stage 2 straight away.

If you want stage 1 I'd say:

Airfilter of some description
Forge 007p
Remap
B5 TIP

Then if going for stage two start to think about exhaust, fmic etc

ah. interesting stuff. in that case i would pay the extra few hundred and go stage 2 straight away!

Revo | Audi

Stage2 for 1.8T Transverse K03 based vehicles
Required: 4 bar Fuel Pressure regulator
Turbo back exhaust with Decat or highflow catalytic convertor (2.5"-3.0" recommended)
Recommended: Cold Air intake (from stock MAF to front of car)
Turbo inlet pipe
Front-mounted Intercooler (Required if customer wants to use the full boost potential)

******! got me thinking about it now!

Last edited: