is r-tech the way to go???

A3tell

Reaction score
now that i have my forge tip and cone filter installed, i am deliberating on my next mod as a remap!
now i know you all have good things to say about R-tech, but for me to get it done there it would be a 6.5 hour round trip!!! now dont mind that too much, but does it really warrent that type of journey if i can get it done alot closer to me??
AMD is the closest to me for the vag tune, but there has been mixed opinions on them??
AMD is £299 and R-tech i believe is £200.
any thoughts would be gr8ly received!!

R-Tech are worth the journey for sure.

Go To Rtech, having driven a car with an AMD map it really didn't compare to my Rtech map on a near identical car at all, even teh owner of the other car agreed!

the money you save will easily pay for the fuel cost to get there :) You can't go wrong with Rtech

Reactions: A3tell
R-tech charge £250 i was there last week! they do a good remap! but MRC would be closer to you and possibly even better!

I'd say the money saved off the remap at rtech can fund the trip there!
Then you got a nice 3 hour journey back to test out the performance!

now, am going to ring them next week i think, and get booked up.
BUT is there some stuff i can check myself, (my own health check) before i make the trip???
i DO NOT want to spend 3.5 hours driving up there for them to say my car has issues and they cant do the map!! 6.5 hours wasted for nothing!!!! anyone know of the things they need to check before they do the mapping?? cheers.

R-Tech all the way mate, from my personal experience. They do pre check, rolling road run before and after the map and their service throughout is excellent.

I had mine mapped a while ago and when I removed my SAI pump recently, I kept on getting an incorrect flow code popping up. It would also go into limp on the odd ocassion. Made a quick call to Nick who asked me to bring my car up and he would take a look. He tweaked the map and since then, no more 16795 'Incorrect Flow' code and no more limp mode either. Nick is forever tweaking his maps too, he can add bolt-ons like launch control etc - speak to him and he will let you know how it all works.

There's not many tuners out there who will help their customers out with this sort of aftercare after such a period of time. A quick search on this forum will point you to the good ones with R-Tech being the top of the short list IMO.

Edit -

Check for boost / vacuum leaks before you go up. It's also worthwhile checking for DTC codes also and letting Nick know of them beforehand so he can tell you if its important and needs rectifying beforehand, saving you a long journey. As with most people who have remaps, a remap will show up any weakness in the car and MAF's and coilpacks that managed fine before the map can fail after remapping.

Last edited:
dont have a clue bud iv just gone hybrid need some injectors and rods and a very good map to go with it all theres so many places to chose from im stuck on where to go ill find somewhere and hoefully they will get me over 300 bhp emmmmmmmm

only ever heard good stories from r tech, and not many good ones from AMD i have AMD map and id love to go r tech route and at some point i may just do it!

looking more likely that i am going to commit to the trip!!
but does anyone have ideas of things to get checked on the car before i go???? i cant be making that kind of trip to get turned away cos the cars unhealthy!!! cheers