BOOM! Pothole flat tyre!

Greig300

Reaction score
I was Just driving back from Audi Braehead Glasgow and near the Clyde tunnel i hit a massive pothole! the biggest BANG! was doing 40MPH. With a whistling tyre and heavy steering i managed to get the car to safe place to park. Put on the never used 50MPH spare wheel....

Not happy! about £130 for a new Dunlop tyre. Can get my brother to get it on trade on Monday. See what that will bring it down too.

Dont know if its worth going through the council. I managed to get a few pictures of the tyre but cant with the pothole as its on a busy dual carrigeway. Some say you only get £50 some say you get the full price of repair but is a whole effort to get them to pay out.

Last edited:
Yeah hard kuck mate. The state of out roads is really begining to **** me off now, I find im driving and just looking for Pot Holes etc and not really paying proper attention to the road ahead, its just taking away driving pleasure. This problem of the bad state of roads seems to be nation wide now, how the hell did we get into this state.

DC

my mate lives in glasgow, and has bent two rims and burst a tyre with the pot holes around the town since the start of the year.

The main road at the top of my street is full of them and most of them are bang in line with the wheels. It's a wide road but people park on both sides so it can get pretty tight and people are actually swerving to avoid them, straight into oncoming traffic!

There is a pothole website who will fight your corner for you for free, a mate of mine had burst tyre, bent wheel, bent tca and track rod end, he managed to have all repairs covered under a claim through these people, I don't know the name of the website but you should be able to google it.

Bent a wheel slightly on my Passat Wagon, had to put the bent rim on the back, but it balanced up fine... until 2 weeks ago, went over a small pothole, the rear tyre just lost all pressure instantly, cue a new tyre needed, as I had 300kg worth of stock in the boot!

Bent rims are never the same as round ones!

Hope my alloys ok.... Car tax PFFT! or as it use to be ROAD TAX... is going to what exactly? not the roads in Glasgow anyway. lol

The pothole would of had to have been reported prior to your accident for you to claim.

you also have to prove there was no way of avoiding the pot hole or just driving round it!

my mate wore a hole in his standard height alfa romeo that he had to drive over every day. he rang the council who measured it ad said it was fine. that was that!

Some of the roads are a right state at the moment.

I trashed a wheel and tyre the other week on a works car hitting a pot hole, not fun at high speed I can tell you.

Constant under funding of the road network over the past 10-15 years has resulted in what we have now. **** roads, its made worse by the fact that when they do resurface a road, a few weeks later some cable or gas company will dig chunks out of it, then do a bodge job patching it up. I hit a crater back in december, now i got that rattle from the dashboard, not happy!

I've managed to buckle three wheels on my current car in the last year due to hitting potholes, and the fact the the Fiesta 17" wheels seem to be made of cheese.

Hard luck mate, Glasgows roads are an absolute disgrace, its getting dangerous as I spend so much time slaloming round potholes my attention is diverted away from other things!

Hope you get it sorted, will be interested to hear if you get anything from the cooncil!

£50 billion in road duties (road tax, fuel duty, etc) and only £6 billion spent on the roads, it would be nice if they'd spend at least 50% of what they rip off from us on the ****** roads instead of throwing it away on foriegn wars.

thats why i have this sticker on my window lol :)

Potholes.jpg

Reactions: MURRAYS444
I was in Glasgow last Thursday and the roads were terrible I thought the roads were bad here even parts of the M8 had bad pot holes so trying to avoid them at 70mph is really anoying!

I drive the M8 most days and yeah its a nightmare trying to dodge them at 70, buckled a wheel on my old mk2 golf at harthill a few years back!