Ouch this is going to cost

Markb

Reaction score
What a great start to the new year!

Went to get my new Tax disc and returned to this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

side_damgage01.jpg

side_damgage02.jpg

Damage to the door top and bottom of the door and damage to the rear quarter top and bottom. (Pics don't really show the damage on the door)

No note left on my windscreen, no cars with yellow paint on and no witnesses great! So it looks like I am going to have to fork out of my own pocket. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif As I've got a £600 excess on my insurance and if I claimed they would up my insurance big style next time I renew.

How much do you reckon it will cost to sort that out?

While it's being sprayed I will have my S3 spoiler fitted, but I also want to get some side skirts. Any ideas on what ones?

Finally HTC if you are reading what's your paint code?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif B*STARDS!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

I am really sorry for you mate.

I guess there was no CCTV around?? have you reported to police they may know if there is?

[ QUOTE ]
Ian Logendra said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif B*STARDS!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

I am really sorry for you mate.

I guess there was no CCTV around?? have you reported to police they may know if there is?

[/ QUOTE ]

No CCTV so I am stuffed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Oh yeah as well as the skirts I might change the front bumper as well.

How much was your front bumper Rich? Also have got the website link for it?

Cheers

i like that noone looses its courage in this forums
your car is getting bumped... but at the same.. you install a new bumper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i like that.. "don't worry be happy" style

Thats unlucky mate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif What's wrong with people these days?!, it's a ****** <font color="yellow">YELLOW</font> car, how can they not see it??! Hope you get it sorted Mark, and wouldn't bother with an insurance claim, it works out more in the long run. Good luck.

sorry to hear about your scrape mark...i hate society,....flippin no respcet fot other people property.....s3tuning.de for the bumper methinks...

[ QUOTE ]
stealthgr said:
i like that noone looses its courage in this forums
your car is getting bumped... but at the same.. you install a new bumper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i like that.. "don't worry be happy" style

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey sh*t happens you just have to get on with it. At least I wasn't hurt and the car is still driveable.

Also have to look on the bright side and this might be the ideal opportunity to do some other bits and pieces.

[ QUOTE ]
jojo said:
Thats unlucky mate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif What's wrong with people these days?!, it's a ****** <font color="yellow">YELLOW</font> car, how can they not see it??! Hope you get it sorted Mark, and wouldn't bother with an insurance claim, it works out more in the long run. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me about it. It's the only car that you can't help, but notice LOL

I am not going to claim too much hassle and the insurance will be a nightmare in the future.

[ QUOTE ]
caractere 007 said:
sorry to hear about your scrape mark...i hate society,....flippin no respcet fot other people property.....s3tuning.de for the bumper methinks...

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me about it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

That link doesn't work, but I am sure it's something like that.

Bad news mate sorry to hear that! I hate people that do that but rest assure what goes around comes around so they will get paid back in one way or another! Good luck with the repairs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Unlucky Mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif It's a real shame that people decide they can sleep easy and drive off after doing something like that.

I'm also totally in agreement with earlier comments about using it as a reason to upgrade... At least you've got someone to be p****d off at/grateful to (depending on how you look at it)... I parked mine _in_ a metal pole before I got my bodykit fitted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

All the best,

Rob.

Add my condolences mate.

Caught someone doing this to someone else a while back - got there number and passed details on - you may hear something yet although unlikely.

Greg

Anyone know German? LOL

I am looking at the S3 Tuning site. I take it the 495 Euro is for the bumper, mesh, fogs and grill?

Also anyone know about postage?

Oh yeah before I forget this happened to my first car as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

first_pic.jpg

Before you laugh that was one of the very first pictures when I got it. It looked a lot different when I sold it.

[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
Before you laugh that was one of the very first pictures when I got it. It looked a lot different when I sold it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean you actually made it look worse? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jojo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean you actually made it look worse? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You cheeky devil /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
Anyone know German? LOL

I am looking at the S3 Tuning site. I take it the 495 Euro is for the bumper, mesh, fogs and grill?

Also anyone know about postage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark use this webpage from Google it translate from most languages into english. Hope it helps mate!

http://www.google.com/translate_t

Mark,

You've probably heard about this before, but just in case... I wouldn't advise making any bookings at a Bodyshop if you're going to order from S3 Tuning, no matter how far in advance you think it is. Delivery times are a bit of a nightmare, I waited _months_, having said that it was definately worth the wait.

If my camera wasn't dead I'd have some non-blurred photos of Carsten's handywork to show (there are some at http://www.robvanguard.co.uk/a3/ but they really don't show the car off as it looks 'in-the-flesh'), but I'm sure Rich and the others who've dealt with him can help if you're after any more hi-res photos (I know the website is a little poor for that).

Regards,

Rob.

[ QUOTE ]
FactionOne said:
Mark,

You've probably heard about this before, but just in case... I wouldn't advise making any bookings at a Bodyshop if you're going to order from S3 Tuning, no matter how far in advance you think it is. Delivery times are a bit of a nightmare, I waited _months_, having said that it was definately worth the wait.

If my camera wasn't dead I'd have some non-blurred photos of Carsten's handywork to show (there are some at http://www.robvanguard.co.uk/a3/ but they really don't show the car off as it looks 'in-the-flesh'), but I'm sure Rich and the others who've dealt with him can help if you're after any more hi-res photos (I know the website is a little poor for that).

Regards,

Rob.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you had the Projektzwo front?

Also who's Carsten?

[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
I thought you had the Projektzwo front?

Also who's Carsten?

[/ QUOTE ]
Carsten Nowak = S3 Tuning

I don't know if there's anyone else involved but I get the impression there isn't.

Mine's got the S3 Tuning Sportsline front-valance, rear-valance (which the Bodyshop I used got creative with and cut-out and meshed its detail sections), and side-skirts. It's also got a GSF S3-style roof-spoiler (*how I laughed!*).

It was supposed to have the S3 Tuning roof spoiler (which is actually rather like an S3 one), and not the skirts, because I added the spoiler and dropped the skirts from my order when I blew a bit of the money I'd set aside on wheels. The only thing was that Carsten made a bit of a balls-up with it and sent the parts listed above; normally being quite an honest individual, I considered getting in touch about it... Then I considered how likely it would be to arrange return/replacement in germany given the wait I'd already had and the fact he got awfully quiet over E-Mail towards the last couple of weeks, so I figured I'd cling on to the bits I'd got and sort another spoiler out.

I must say I'm quite pleased that the skirts are on it in the end; after becoming dubious about the impact they'd have I was pleasantly surprised. The bodyshop did say they had to do a bit of modification to fit them though, but it's all good.

Regards,

Rob.

[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
Can you get some more pics of the skirts for me?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah no worries fella, I should be able to sort something out tomorrow given half a chance; I can probably blag the loan of a camera off my Dad or a mate. It'd be nice to do some better ones.

Regards,

Rob.

[ QUOTE ]
FactionOne said:
[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
Can you get some more pics of the skirts for me?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah no worries fella, I should be able to sort something out tomorrow given half a chance; I can probably blag the loan of a camera off my Dad or a mate. It'd be nice to do some better ones.

Regards,

Rob.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers.

What's his English like? Did you Email him in German or English?

gutted mate. there really are some fooking t!ts in this world. i know yours is more, but i just had my front bumper sprayed and 3 weeks later someone [censored] it up big time and does one. absolute nob heads

[ QUOTE ]
HTC said:
Damn man, thats harsh, especially after the bump you had on the front end too! :-(

Liking the positive attitude, but I'm sure you had some choice works to say at the time.

As for colour codes mine is LY1B (Brilliant Yellow), although we had a conversation about this in an earlier thread when you first got your car.

Didn't we come to the conclusion that although they seem to look identical, they must be a different shade as yours has a different colour code to mine?

Basically go with the code on the data sticker in the boot and you should be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I only had the front fixed in October after someone reversed into me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Anyway I was never happy with them spraying the whole of the bottom of the bumper so it's time for change /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yeah I was just asking about the paint as I know someone that works for a bodyshop and he does work on the side at weekends. He has repaired some of my mates cars and the work is top notch. Anyway I've asked him and he says that he can do it if it's a standard colour for £150 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The only problem is I know it's a life style colour. So I might just get him to take the colour code and I'll see what he comes back with. I suppose even if he can't get the right colour I can just get him to panel beat, fill and prime it ready for spraying and get him to prep my other parts ready for spraying.
I can't see Seat being too expensive if they have just got to spray it can you?

Nightmare mate, sorry to hear about the bump. Some people just don't understand how much people's property can mean to them. But hey, like you've been saying, great chance to make it look even nicer.

sorry to see this mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

someone did this in our car park at work to someones car and drove off, luckily someone spotted them and told the other party

[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
Oh yeah and if you can get me some pics of them skirts that would be spot on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mark, I have a bit of a confession to make... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

I roped my mate into coming round this afternoon with his Cybershot badboy; we took some snaps of the motor he's got at the moment (a beefy mondeo of all things), and then set off for a mooch in mine to find somewhere a little better to get some new pictures; not only of the skirts but of the car as a whole to replace the cr@p ones I have...

Anyway, I headed out of Preston on the A-roads towards Blackpool and the fylde (taking time for a middle-finger salute to Preston Audi as I passed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif); and started to really enjoy myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif... Quite a while passed and eventually I came to my senses and realised we were supposed to be doing the David Bailey bit... At this point I'd been on dipped-beam for about an hour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I'll try to grab some snaps of the skirts tomorrow morning before I set off for work and get them online at some point.

Sorry for the delay!

Regards,

Rob.

[ QUOTE ]
FactionOne said:
[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
Oh yeah and if you can get me some pics of them skirts that would be spot on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mark, I have a bit of a confession to make... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

I roped my mate into coming round this afternoon with his Cybershot badboy; we took some snaps of the motor he's got at the moment (a beefy mondeo of all things), and then set off for a mooch in mine to find somewhere a little better to get some new pictures; not only of the skirts but of the car as a whole to replace the cr@p ones I have...

Anyway, I headed out of Preston on the A-roads towards Blackpool and the fylde (taking time for a middle-finger salute to Preston Audi as I passed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif); and started to really enjoy myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif... Quite a while passed and eventually I came to my senses and realised we were supposed to be doing the David Bailey bit... At this point I'd been on dipped-beam for about an hour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I'll try to grab some snaps of the skirts tomorrow morning before I set off for work and get them online at some point.

Sorry for the delay!

Regards,

Rob.

[/ QUOTE ]

No probs matey.

Mark,

Sorry to hear about that! It p*sses me off that people dont have the common courtesy to own up to things like this! Its so out of order! the scary thing is, some people can do this without even realising they have hit another car! Just no respect for other peoples property anymore.
Hope it doesnt cost you too much to repair! But i reckon your looking at a whole new panel.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
Mark,

Sorry to hear about that! It p*sses me off that people dont have the common courtesy to own up to things like this! Its so out of order! the scary thing is, some people can do this without even realising they have hit another car! Just no respect for other peoples property anymore.
Hope it doesnt cost you too much to repair! But i reckon your looking at a whole new panel.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

I honest don't think it will need a new rear quarter (Well I hope not anyway) The reason I say this is because the damage to my Corsa was similar and that got panel beaten out.

Anyway we'll see what happens.

Sorry to hear about this bro, hope it dont cost too much.

You cant have anything these days without sum fcukA doing shhit like this, some1 ran into the back of mine few months ago, couldnt see much in the dark, so tuck details down etc... Bar-stud, gave me false details, lukily wasnt much damage just a little scuff, which i polished and Tcut out, i told police at station , and they weren't interested at all, becuase no1 was "injured". GITS!!

So i went to address in birmingham, none existin off course ( i guessed that) and was in a right shiit hole too, thought i was gonna get car nicked, lol.(drug dealer type of area, if ya know what i mean).

I cant believe ppl have the cheek to do this sortta thing, i said to the police, if they are giving false details, chances are they've got no insurance, TAX etc.. really [censored] me off!!!

Good job it wasnt any worse, im still lookin for this car it was a Corsa(older shape) think from memory N reg, REG summot like this N384 PDF, defo has PDF in it colour is like a mint green and is the 3door hatch style any1 find it around brum area, plz let me know!!