Wheel offset advice ? ET45's on S3 ?

• Thread starter imported_roydonaldson
  • Start date
I

imported_roydonaldson

Hi there,

Wondering for some advice. I need to get my wheels refurbed and so bought a second hand pair off eBay to stick on to tide me over. However, they've turned out to be ET45 offset ?

Now, looking on my S3, it looks like what is on it just now is ET32's (?). Any ideas on if I can work this out ?

First time I've done too much on changing wheels over, so any advice would be appreciated.

Roy.

( PS, there then may be a nice clean set of 17" original Audi ET45's for sale :)

Is that all that I need ? I was looking at some web tools and they were suggesting that there was a 26mm difference between the wheels, but I couldn't work out what way ( in or out offset ? ) and that seemed a lot to add ?

Where's a good place to get the spacers, and I'm guessing I need longer wheel bolts as well ?

Roy.

I've got et45, got 15 and 20mm spacers giving et30 on the front and et25 on the back and mocking them up to the car they look perfect. That's on 8inch wide wheels.

Do I need to worry about stud pattern being 100 or 112 ? My car's a 2002 225bhp S3 and I'm thinking that these wheels may have come off an S4/6 ?

Looking for a spacer kit and bolts that would cost less than the wheels too :)

Thanks. Would really appreciate that.

I'm in fact just looking for an easy solution as I've got some rim leaks and am going to get my original ET32's refurb'd. I bought this set to give me some wheels while it is getting done as I need my car on the road.

I was thinking the same, seems like an awful lot of work just for some temp. wheels

Yeah, it is what I am coming to realise.

anyone what to buy some nice S4 Alloys ;-)

They're 17" standard S4 wheels from what I can make out. I'm not at home at the moment so can't put a picture of them up. They look pretty clean to me, are second hand, so have aren't perfect, but looked from my cursory glance over them as in not bad nick.

Roy.

That's a shame because the 18" avus 2 S4 wheels are very nice and I've always got my beady eye out for some. The look like this:

boston_silver.jpg

Yup, very nice.

But, I'm sure a very cost effective pair of 17"'s would be far better :)

Thanks for the pictures.

I've just stuck them up on eBay, too much work so I can get my own wheels refurb'd. I guess I'll just have to have the car off the road, or swap the spare on and off. I've got leaking rims on the front 2 wheels and just need to stop them leaking on me :)