whats so special about the MTM tuning?

jediknight

Reaction score
Website
www.nathanwillits.com
Was looking on the QTS site for MTM alloys and noticed their remap is about £800

what does the MTM remap offer that the AmD or Revo one doesnt? is it worth the extra cost.

i dont mind paying for stuff as long as its justified and at the moment im getting my wish list together so i know how much money i need to steel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I dont see what extra service they provide, They dont do anything in addition to AmD. Your just paying for the name and MTM badge IMO.

Its not worth the extra at all. As Nervus says, your paying for the name! Go to AmD and use the extra £££ for ther mods. AmD are now offering the one-click for the 1.8T which means you can swap between standard and modified maps!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
Its not worth the extra at all. As Nervus says, your paying for the name! Go to AmD and use the extra £££ for ther mods. AmD are now offering the one-click for the 1.8T which means you can swap between standard and modified maps!

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

and you wouldn't be biased towards AmD seeing as though have done a lot of work for you and they are just around the corner?

When researching remap possibilites bothe Amd and QST (MTM) offer the same service. initial check, remap, before and after power runs etc.

Both claim similar figures so unless you have your heart set on the boot badge why pay more? You wont know what the characteristics of each tuners map will be like till you've paid your money anyway!

[ QUOTE ]
Cage said:
Yeah, just not as reasonable as Jabbasport (www.jabbasport.co.uk) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah very true, Jabbasport are very competitive, ive had a remap by them in the past and was very happy with it. I know its really irrelavent but their rolling road plots were a waste of time though as they were pie in the sky! Im yet to see power proven at Jabba repeated by an independent tuner.

[ QUOTE ]
Cage said:
Yeah, just not as reasonable as Jabbasport (www.jabbasport.co.uk) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah very true, Jabbasport are very competitive, ive had a remap by them in the past and was very happy with it. I know its really irrelavent but their rolling road plots were a waste of time though as they were pie in the sky! Im yet to see power proven at Jabba repeated on an independent tuners rollers.

yeah i agree. Jabba are another good company doing a good job for a good price. Their figures are a bit of a joke though. Therea another car similar in spec to mine running 370bhp on jabbas rollers... little over inflated.

Rich

Mine has been to QST for the MTM tuning. That was based upon me speaking to both face to face at a show and assessing their competancies.

Having had the car chipped, I can't fault the MTM program - but I wouldn't use QST again as I found the 'management' arrogant.

That doesn't mean I'd go straight to AmD. I think that they've become the victims of their own success. They don't phone you back (not just me, friends with BMW's and Porsches experience the same problem), they always seem to be too busy with other things, and their labour rates are pushing main dealers.

So in summary, I think they are both as bad as each other!

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
yeah i agree. Jabba are another good company doing a good job for a good price. Their figures are a bit of a joke though. Therea another car similar in spec to mine running 370bhp on jabbas rollers... little over inflated.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

was this taking their quoted "cv" output directly from the rolling road print out or converting the "cv" into bhp?

Yep, initial boost spike is higher, which equals a more direct kick up the backside in real terms. On paper it does show that it then drops at higher reve, but in real world driving I cant say I've ever noticed it.

MTM has to be TUV approved in Germany which means they have to make the figures they claim to - hence you may notice they claim 250 bhp or so for their remap where the UK tuners on average tend to claim 265 odd (dependent)...but yes their remap is overpriced imo

Dunc

The Bhp Jabbasport claim is quoted as cv - what is this i thought it was bhp???